Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,888 Members 53,599 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Locale Settings

Tip us?

mrdesouz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [Q] Locale Settings

Hello, folks
I did some research but no luck on solving the "problem"I have since I updated to kitkat.
I use English as the system language but that somehow is forcing the phone number formatting to be like US. The problem is that I'm in Brazil and the wrong formatting is triggering some issues with SMS, MMS and caller IDs.
With the stock firmware I had from I could choose english and still have the right format when identifying the caller IDs but now it's not working.
So, is there any way to keep english and use Brazil number format?

thanks in advance
MS

bekasulaberidze
Old
Thanks Meter 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdesouz View Post
Hello, folks
I did some research but no luck on solving the "problem"I have since I updated to kitkat.
I use English as the system language but that somehow is forcing the phone number formatting to be like US. The problem is that I'm in Brazil and the wrong formatting is triggering some issues with SMS, MMS and caller IDs.
With the stock firmware I had from I could choose english and still have the right format when identifying the caller IDs but now it's not working.
So, is there any way to keep english and use Brazil number format?

thanks in advance
MS
I had the same problem, I live in Georgia (Europe) my system language is English and format was very annoying, just did factory reset and it helped me ...

mrdesouz
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Tried that...didnít work.
Tks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk