Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,372 Members 39,342 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Need advice. Sell current broken phone or replace screen?

Tip us?

SRCP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Need advice. Sell current broken phone or replace screen?

My GS4's screen cracked. Digitizer works. It seems like repairing just the glass is very difficult. You can lose touch or have all sorts of problem. Super cheap to repair but dangerous. So, should I just get the digitizer plus screen which is much easier to put on but costs 200 or sell the phone and pay about 200 more for a Nexus 5? Do you think I can get at least 150-200 for this phone? And where? I took really good care of it. Just one stupid fall from a short distance and it broke. My Inspire was so much tougher than this thing.

Iranai
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SRCP View Post
My GS4's screen cracked. Digitizer works. It seems like repairing just the glass is very difficult. You can lose touch or have all sorts of problem. Super cheap to repair but dangerous. So, should I just get the digitizer plus screen which is much easier to put on but costs 200 or sell the phone and pay about 200 more for a Nexus 5? Do you think I can get at least 150-200 for this phone? And where? I took really good care of it. Just one stupid fall from a short distance and it broke. My Inspire was so much tougher than this thing.
According to this people are selling for $100-250: http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_saca...H_Sold=1&rt=nc

Keep in mind that the Nexus five does not use Touch Wiz, so be sure you like the interface and such on it. I have not played around with even the nexus 4, so I cannot make a reccomendation on wiether to swap or not.

SRCP
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Thanks. I may sell it. Still not decided.