ZArchive Manages Your File Archives

Today smartphones are quite powerful devices that can handle multiple processes at once. In fact, some of … more

Regain Double Tap to Wake Functionality on the Nexus 6

A few months ago, Google announced its newest flagship device, the Nexus 6, alongside … more

Clean Your Recent Apps – XDA Xposed Tuesday

In this day and age, you have quite a few apps installed and running on your Android … more

Android Studio Reaches Release Candidate Status

Android app developers have a few options when comes to Android IDEs. One of the most … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

South Korea says bloat were must be able to be deleted.

OP FesterTOR

24th January 2014, 03:36 PM   |  #1  
FesterTOR's Avatar
OP Member
Flag Hollidaysburg, PA
Thanks Meter: 8
 
74 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Thought you guys would like to see this. Maybe the US can get on this. At least maybe the Samsung bloat were will able to be deleted in the future.

http://www.zdnet.com/south-korea-rul...le-7000025533/

Sent from my SCH-I545
The Following User Says Thank You to FesterTOR For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 05:04 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
22 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2010
This is a step in the right direction. Glad to hear this

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app
25th January 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #3  
Senior Member
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 33
 
230 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Won't happen this is america and we are ruled by money, not what's right or wrong.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to swordmastr54 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 10:50 PM   |  #4  
xs11e's Avatar
Senior Member
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 107
 
651 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FesterTOR

Thought you guys would like to see this. Maybe the US can get on this. At least maybe the Samsung bloat were will able to be deleted in the future.

http://www.zdnet.com/south-korea-rul...le-7000025533/

No big deal, anyone who objects to bloat can ask about it, get directed to XDA Developers and learn how to root their phone and then remove unwanted apps.

I see bloatware removal as the main reason for rooting and, please note, I'll determine what's bloat on my phone, you'll determine that for your phone, we don't need some government regulation(s) determining that for us!

One solution I like, make it illegal to install ANYTHING on a phone that's available via Google play store, MSFT apps or whatever iPhones use. Let EVERY user decide what apps he/she/it wants and don't force ANYTHING on us!
NOTE: I see no reason manufacturers and carriers couldn't offer a package of recommended apps which could be downloaded and removed at the user's choice.
28th January 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #5  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 161
 
131 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by xs11e

No big deal, anyone who objects to bloat can ask about it, get directed to XDA Developers and learn how to root their phone and then remove unwanted apps.

I see bloatware removal as the main reason for rooting and, please note, I'll determine what's bloat on my phone, you'll determine that for your phone, we don't need some government regulation(s) determining that for us!

One solution I like, make it illegal to install ANYTHING on a phone that's available via Google play store, MSFT apps or whatever iPhones use. Let EVERY user decide what apps he/she/it wants and don't force ANYTHING on us!
NOTE: I see no reason manufacturers and carriers couldn't offer a package of recommended apps which could be downloaded and removed at the user's choice.

Yeah but often times rooting has its risks, and may also cause warranty problems... Point to one subsidised phone that allows you to select root off, you can't so the official option to delete crap is MUCH better then waving your right to warranty and running some exploit a kid on the internet found. (obviously no offense, just trying to play devils advocate....)
There is also no guarantee that root will always be so easy, look at the bootloader stuff we are going through now.

You say
"we don't need some government regulation(s) determining that for us!"
You miss the point so completely its insane. The whole point is that right now, without exploiting flaws in software and hacking the phone (something my Mother couldn't really do, yes I know you only care about yourself but not everyone feels comfortable rooting a phone and the use of terminal commands and ADB should not be a requirement to delete NFL sunday ticket...) YOU DON"T GET TO CHOOSE, verizon does.

You say
"NOTE: I see no reason manufacturers and carriers couldn't offer a package of recommended apps which could be downloaded and removed at the user's choice"
There is one big reason right now. Because carriers can instead say **** you and take money from companies to keep you from deleting their app.
This is not about the government telling you what you have on your phone, its the government telling Verizon they cannot tell you what you have to have on your phone.

How do you follow the sentence about not having government intervention with this line
"make it illegal to install ANYTHING"
Who is going to make that illegal? This idea that you don't support is less intrusive then that and just says that bloatware needs to be standard software( removeable)
31st January 2014, 01:56 PM   |  #6  
myfishbear's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Northren NJ
Thanks Meter: 241
 
470 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2010
More
blah blah blah blah blah blah government. blah blah blah blah blah blah Verizon blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah rights! blah blah blah blah blah blah politics blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah owns you! blah blah blah blah blah blah laws blah blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah Obama. blah blah blah blah blah blah patriot act blah blah blah blah
blah blah blah blah blah blah spying on you! blah blah blah blah blah blah rules and regulations blah blah blah blah

on another note
it would be nice to be able to not get tonnes of bloat bogging down my next phone
Last edited by myfishbear; 31st January 2014 at 01:58 PM.
31st January 2014, 11:07 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 29
 
212 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2010
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by myfishbear


on another note
it would be nice to be able to not get tonnes of bloat bogging down my next phone

This will only happen when consumers begin to vote with their $. When the S5 comes out, and it it loaded with the same huge volume of crapware that is on your S4, don't buy it!
1st February 2014, 12:29 AM   |  #8  
cell128's Avatar
Senior Member
Lomita,CA
Thanks Meter: 140
 
751 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2008
More
North Korea says No!!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

The Following User Says Thank You to cell128 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes