OP maxflay

31st January 2014, 11:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
Hi,

I'm a new S4 (i337M) owner, I had a S2 but it broke.

I saw a couples of warning about the Knox BS from Samsung and I want to be sure that I understand everything.

My Android Version is 4.3 MK6 . In the download mode, I have the knox 0x0 . If I install the CWM Recovery, is it possible to keep the 0x0 or it will trip to 0x1 ? My phone is rooted but I want to do a nandroid backup before playing with mods and roms and I think that it's not possible without a custom recovery.

If I trip knox to 0x1, I know that I will not be able to use the knox option (and I don't give a sh_t about Knox) but if it's possible to do a nandroid without tripping the 0x0, it will be nice

Thanks guys !
31st January 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
Flag Alberta
Thanks Meter: 154

383 posts
Donate to Me
More
Yes, if you flash CWM, your Knox will trip to 0x1, and your warranty will be void.
No, you cannot do a Nandroid without a custom recovery, which means you will trip your Knox counter.

Yes, you CAN root your MK6 without tripping Knox, it just will not give you custom recovery options.
1st February 2014, 12:12 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Flag Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6

30 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve6ay

Yes, if you flash CWM, your Knox will trip to 0x1, and your warranty will be void.
No, you cannot do a Nandroid without a custom recovery, which means you will trip your Knox counter.

Yes, you CAN root your MK6 without tripping Knox, it just will not give you custom recovery options.

First of all, big thanks for your fast reply !

My S4 is rooted ( I did it an hour after I had the phone ) , so if I have a Knox 0x1 and if I don't care about the know feature and about the phone's warranty, do I will be able to flash customs roms and original roms ?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread