Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,736,958 Members 52,621 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Asking confirmation : S4+CWM+Knox = 0x1

Tip us?

maxflay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Asking confirmation : S4+CWM+Knox = 0x1

Hi,

I'm a new S4 (i337M) owner, I had a S2 but it broke.

I saw a couples of warning about the Knox BS from Samsung and I want to be sure that I understand everything.

My Android Version is 4.3 MK6 . In the download mode, I have the knox 0x0 . If I install the CWM Recovery, is it possible to keep the 0x0 or it will trip to 0x1 ? My phone is rooted but I want to do a nandroid backup before playing with mods and roms and I think that it's not possible without a custom recovery.

If I trip knox to 0x1, I know that I will not be able to use the knox option (and I don't give a sh_t about Knox) but if it's possible to do a nandroid without tripping the 0x0, it will be nice

Thanks guys !

ve6ay
Old
Thanks Meter 150

DONATE TO ME
Yes, if you flash CWM, your Knox will trip to 0x1, and your warranty will be void.
No, you cannot do a Nandroid without a custom recovery, which means you will trip your Knox counter.

Yes, you CAN root your MK6 without tripping Knox, it just will not give you custom recovery options.
73's de VE6AY / VE6MSP / K7BSD
Don't forget the THANKS button if I or someone else helped you !!!

[Phone]
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-i337M
  • ROM: Stock Rogers Galaxy S4 (Android 4.2.2 - MG1 Firmware)
[Tablet]Former phones:
- Samsung Nexus S
- Sony XPeria X10

maxflay
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by ve6ay View Post
Yes, if you flash CWM, your Knox will trip to 0x1, and your warranty will be void.
No, you cannot do a Nandroid without a custom recovery, which means you will trip your Knox counter.

Yes, you CAN root your MK6 without tripping Knox, it just will not give you custom recovery options.

First of all, big thanks for your fast reply !

My S4 is rooted ( I did it an hour after I had the phone ) , so if I have a Knox 0x1 and if I don't care about the know feature and about the phone's warranty, do I will be able to flash customs roms and original roms ?