[Q] GT 10.1 (P7510) - 11 GB of storage missing after CM10.1

Tip us?

yucina
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] GT 10.1 (P7510) - 11 GB of storage missing after CM10.1

Hi all,

I couldn't post this in the GT CM 10.1 forum coz I just registered..

I have the latest nightly on my GT-P7510 (16 GB). My problem is that ever since I first installed CM10.1 back in October, I lost about 11 GB of free space. When I go to "storage" in Settings, the graphic bar shows a large section of memory as free but "available" storage is indicated as under 0.5 GB..! (Caps attached). And I know that the reported figure is the relevant one because I am unable to update my apps due to "insufficient memory".. When I restore back to 4.0.1 I get the memory back.. In short, about 11 GB of storage has disappeared or is unusable for some reason when running CM10.1. Any ideas?

Thanks..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-01-19-00-46-05.png
Views:	7523
Size:	100.2 KB
ID:	2524850  

yucina
Old
(Last edited by yucina; 1st February 2014 at 01:14 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
A bit more info and a bump up:

I checked the filing system and realized the following strange situation: CM10.1 installation copied my files to 4 different locations:

1. root/sdcard (as before CM10.1 installation)
2. root/storage/sdcard0/
3. root/storage/emulated/0
4. root/storage/emulated/legacy

Each of the above folders have exactly the same size, the same folders and the same number of files, i.e. they look like actul copies and not just images. This would explain why I have so little storage left with only 1.6 GB of personal stuff on the tablet. If they were just images why wouild they be taking up space? It looks like everything I download is copied to 4 different locations.. Surely all that quadruplication cannot be necessary..!? If the extra 3 folders are just sys links, then why are they taking up space? In short, which folder is the one the system uses and which are the ones I can safely delete?

Thank you for your suggestions.