Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,941 Members 38,447 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Noob question about flashing custom rom

Tip us?

brezulja
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Noob question about flashing custom rom

Hello guys, so i am new to the atrix 2 and new to the motorola phones in general. My question is what do i need to install a custom rom? So far i rooted my phone and that's it. Whats the next step? And also do i need to unlock bootloaders in order to flesh custom roms? Thank you in advance.

Super_Commando
Old
Thanks Meter 38
Don't rush into flashing roms, without understanding a few things. Everything is available in this forum, so search and read. Flashing without reading may brick ur device
The Following User Says Thank You to Super_Commando For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

brezulja
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Not trying to sound like an ass but if i knew what to do when it comes flashing a rom on atrix 2 i wouldn't post this topic. I searched the forums and on youtube but there is no step by step explanation. On the forums seems like different people have different methods for flashing and some say they method works and some say it dont. So if somebody have simple step by step explanation please post. I really did search but i am confused and dont want to brick my phone. Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to brezulja For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

1BadWolf
Old
Thanks Meter 585
Quote:
Originally Posted by brezulja View Post
Not trying to sound like an ass but if i knew what to do when it comes flashing a rom on atrix 2 i wouldn't post this topic. I searched the forums and on youtube but there is no step by step explanation. On the forums seems like different people have different methods for flashing and some say they method works and some say it dont. So if somebody have simple step by step explanation please post. I really did search but i am confused and dont want to brick my phone. Thank you
Also not to sound like an ass, but if you've truly searched and read this forum and you're STILL confused then you probably shouldn't do it right now anyway. I only say this because there is only one way to flash the vast majority of the ROMs here (the exceptions being stock ROMs & in some cases, MIUI). If you haven't read enough to know that much then you just haven't read enough. Keep reading/searching. It's to your benefit to do so and you'll find everything you need to know in the process. :thumbup:

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Here's a little hint for you. Do you see that thread in the stickies named "[HELP THREAD] Any Question Answered Here (NB Friendly)"? Wanna bet this question has been asked, and answered ad nauseum in there? :sly:
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 1BadWolf For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]