XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Return to JB?

Tip us?

androidnooob98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Default [Q] Return to JB?

Is there any way to return to JB from Kitkat without going back to the stock GB rom? I can't seem to find any roms or pit packages that aren't GB or Froyo. Am i just not digging deep enough?

androidnooob98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Bump

qkster
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4508
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidnooob98 View Post
Is there any way to return to JB from Kitkat without going back to the stock GB rom? I can't seem to find any roms or pit packages that aren't GB or Froyo. Am i just not digging deep enough?
The infuse was release several yrs ago. It started with froyo 2.2. The GB was release later 2.3.
PIT files is the map for the stock android system by samsung. There are no pit beyond 2.2 or 2.3.
Anything later is cm9, cm10 and cm11 - these run on different file system.

if you want to go from kk to jb, find a jb rom + jb gapp and boot into cwm, wipe data, cache, dalvik and flash.

if something messes up, go back to gb and start over
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidnooob98
Old
(Last edited by androidnooob98; 1st February 2014 at 12:32 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster View Post
The infuse was release several yrs ago. It started with froyo 2.2. The GB was release later 2.3.
PIT files is the map for the stock android system by samsung. There are no pit beyond 2.2 or 2.3.
Anything later is cm9, cm10 and cm11 - these run on different file system.

if you want to go from kk to jb, find a jb rom + jb gapp and boot into cwm, wipe data, cache, dalvik and flash.

if something messes up, go back to gb and start over
AFAIK you can't just flash back like that because of file system formats. JB runs on MTD and i don't think that KK does. But i'm trying to restore a 4.3 backup now. Will report back with results. I just tried to flash 4.3 and it gave me a red triangle with a status 7 error which i knew would happen.

[EDIT]

Well i'll be damned. It worked! And coincidentally I acidentally labeled the wrong backup as 4.3. I restored the SGSIV 4.2.2 ROM.

qkster
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 4508
Quote:
Originally Posted by androidnooob98 View Post
AFAIK you can't just flash back like that because of file system formats. JB runs on MTD and i don't think that KK does. But i'm trying to restore a 4.3 backup now. Will report back with results. I just tried to flash 4.3 and it gave me a red triangle with a status 7 error which i knew would happen.

[EDIT]

Well i'll be damned. It worked! And coincidentally I acidentally labeled the wrong backup as 4.3. I restored the SGSIV 4.2.2 ROM.
when changing a file system, sometimes you may need to flash a rom twice...

and btw..you're welcome
The Following User Says Thank You to qkster For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

androidnooob98
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by qkster View Post
when changing a file system, sometimes you may need to flash a rom twice...

and btw..you're welcome
Thanks!
The Following User Says Thank You to androidnooob98 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]