Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,657 Members 43,467 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Relock bootloader and go stock

Tip us?

dralex88
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 7
Default [Q] Relock bootloader and go stock

I already unlock boatloader. Can I go back to stock rom and relock my bootloader, flash back my TA backup and recieve OTA updates in future? Any guides on that pleaese? Thanks in advance...

SpyderTracks
Old
Thanks Meter 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by dralex88 View Post
I already unlock boatloader. Can I go back to stock rom and relock my bootloader, flash back my TA backup and recieve OTA updates in future? Any guides on that pleaese? Thanks in advance...
Yes. Flash stock ftf first then relock bootloader. If you try to relock bootloader on custom rom it won't boot.

Sent from my C6833 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Sony Xperia Z Ultra C6833
Stock .257 Unrooted

Samsung Galaxy Note GT-N7000, iPhone 3GS, HTC Touch Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Universal, Sony Ericsson P990i, boat load of nokia's for a long time.

I love this site!!! Thanks to all
The Following User Says Thank You to SpyderTracks For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

LordManhattan
Old
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter 5,658
Yup, be sure to be on a stock ROM before you do it, and remember that you have to have root to restore TA. The standalone TA tool (from the cross dev section) restores and locks the bootloader, so no need to do it again in Flashtool after you've restored TA.

Worst case scenario: You restore TA and lock the bootloader and the device won't turn on, and all you get is a simple vibration and a blinking red light. Open Flashtool and unlock the bootloader again. This will happen if you're not on stock kernel (i.e you have recovery), so be sure to be on stock ROM w/ stock kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to LordManhattan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]