Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Thunderbolt Stuck in HBOOT 1.05

OP triaddraykin

29th January 2014, 10:11 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
In short, I have a thunderbolt that is in 1.05 HBOOT, doesn't change to FASTBOOT USB when it's plugged in, and seems to have no recovery/ROM.

The port does, however, work, as the Device Manager reports a Generic USB HUB when it's plugged in, no Android USB Device, and it does charge. I've used Android SDK Manager Revision 22.3 to install the Google USB Driver, and while my other (cracked screen) thunderbolt works just fine, this one doesn't.

The HTC Tools don't recognize the device is plugged in, and I've asked their official support, being given the runaround. I was working on this a long while back, but that was before the HBOOT got changed to 1.05 by a friendly bit of advice, from 1.04, so now it's locked.

What I -think- needs to be done is for me to find a RUU that's compatible, but I've had little luck. Help me out, folks?
31st January 2014, 05:29 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 3

9 posts
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by triaddraykin

In short, I have a thunderbolt that is in 1.05 HBOOT, doesn't change to FASTBOOT USB when it's plugged in, and seems to have no recovery/ROM.

The port does, however, work, as the Device Manager reports a Generic USB HUB when it's plugged in, no Android USB Device, and it does charge. I've used Android SDK Manager Revision 22.3 to install the Google USB Driver, and while my other (cracked screen) thunderbolt works just fine, this one doesn't.

The HTC Tools don't recognize the device is plugged in, and I've asked their official support, being given the runaround. I was working on this a long while back, but that was before the HBOOT got changed to 1.05 by a friendly bit of advice, from 1.04, so now it's locked.

What I -think- needs to be done is for me to find a RUU that's compatible, but I've had little luck. Help me out, folks?

The reason why it wont connect is because you probably are not using the correct charging cable specified for the HTC Thunderbolt.

Do not root with a Wal-Mart charger. You would be better off getting on off of amazon. Make sure you DO NOT buy the "GENERIC" version... those are fake...

Buy the AUTHENTIC version

Please be sure to thank me...
1st February 2014, 03:26 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

21 posts
Brought my laptop to Verizon, used one of their cables, went through the process. Identical. I'd already been using what I remembered to be the original, but I wanted to be sure.

Next?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread