Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,970 Members 48,811 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Thunderbolt Stuck in HBOOT 1.05

Tip us?

triaddraykin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Thunderbolt Stuck in HBOOT 1.05

In short, I have a thunderbolt that is in 1.05 HBOOT, doesn't change to FASTBOOT USB when it's plugged in, and seems to have no recovery/ROM.

The port does, however, work, as the Device Manager reports a Generic USB HUB when it's plugged in, no Android USB Device, and it does charge. I've used Android SDK Manager Revision 22.3 to install the Google USB Driver, and while my other (cracked screen) thunderbolt works just fine, this one doesn't.

The HTC Tools don't recognize the device is plugged in, and I've asked their official support, being given the runaround. I was working on this a long while back, but that was before the HBOOT got changed to 1.05 by a friendly bit of advice, from 1.04, so now it's locked.

What I -think- needs to be done is for me to find a RUU that's compatible, but I've had little luck. Help me out, folks?

FLYTRVP
Old
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by triaddraykin View Post
In short, I have a thunderbolt that is in 1.05 HBOOT, doesn't change to FASTBOOT USB when it's plugged in, and seems to have no recovery/ROM.

The port does, however, work, as the Device Manager reports a Generic USB HUB when it's plugged in, no Android USB Device, and it does charge. I've used Android SDK Manager Revision 22.3 to install the Google USB Driver, and while my other (cracked screen) thunderbolt works just fine, this one doesn't.

The HTC Tools don't recognize the device is plugged in, and I've asked their official support, being given the runaround. I was working on this a long while back, but that was before the HBOOT got changed to 1.05 by a friendly bit of advice, from 1.04, so now it's locked.

What I -think- needs to be done is for me to find a RUU that's compatible, but I've had little luck. Help me out, folks?
The reason why it wont connect is because you probably are not using the correct charging cable specified for the HTC Thunderbolt.

Do not root with a Wal-Mart charger. You would be better off getting on off of amazon. Make sure you DO NOT buy the "GENERIC" version... those are fake...

Buy the AUTHENTIC version

Please be sure to thank me...

triaddraykin
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Brought my laptop to Verizon, used one of their cables, went through the process. Identical. I'd already been using what I remembered to be the original, but I wanted to be sure.

Next?