Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,281 Members 51,252 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Difference between Beanstalk and Slimkat

Tip us?

mac1996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default Difference between Beanstalk and Slimkat

Can someone explain me the difference between Beanstalk and Slimkat?
Which one's better?

TheKryptonite
Old
Thanks Meter 108
It's more of a personal preference, rather than which one is better.

Meticulus
Old
Thanks Meter 1,633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1996 View Post
Can someone explain me the difference between Beanstalk and Slimkat?
Which one's better?
I suppose I should weigh in here seeing as how I'm building both roms but even so, let me say that this is just my opinion...

Slimkat is a good, stable ROM with a small feature set.(It's called "slim" for a reason) I like using slim for development for that reason plus adb is less secure and that helps me figure out problems. http://slimroms.net

BeanStalk has tons of options and tweaks. This is actually the first time that I've run BeanStalk and I'm loving it. It is a little unstable until you get it configured properly. So if you are one of those people who love to tweak your ROM and try to get the most out of it, then you might want to try BeanStalk. http://www.scotthartbti.com/

Don't for get about CyanogenMod. I consider that ROM to be the "middle of the line" between SlimKat and BeanStalk. CM has more features than SlimKat but less than BeanStalk.

Ultimately it always comes down to personal preference... Give each a try and stick with the one you like best...

BTW, At first the only reason I built BeanStalk was to give everyone another option. Now it's my favorite ROM for this device!

Development Projects @ meticulus.co.vu
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Exhibit / Ace 2e
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Player 5
Carbon ROM for Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Pro Tip
Tom Cruise's greatest acting role: Les Grossman - Tropic Thunder"

mac1996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Thank you!! Meticulus for explaining me the difference between both Roms.I am curious to know about the camera as we know that it takes photo in less resolution will there be future update or you think that it will be fixed? I also wanted to say that after the update of SlimKat 4.4.2 RC1 it is smoother and faster. I just want to appreciate your hard work....

Meticulus
Old
(Last edited by Meticulus; 1st February 2014 at 01:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1,633

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mac1996 View Post
Thank you!! Meticulus for explaining me the difference between both Roms.I am curious to know about the camera as we know that it takes photo in less resolution will there be future update or you think that it will be fixed? I also wanted to say that after the update of SlimKat 4.4.2 RC1 it is smoother and faster. I just want to appreciate your hard work....
The "compromise" I've worked isn't "on the path" to a complete solution. In other words, it doesn't address the underlying problem at all.

However, my recent work on the nutella kernel has given me a few ideas which may allow me to get higher resolution on the rear cam photo snap. Im letting the ideas stew in the back of my mind, while I work on other things.

That being said, probably won't work on it for a while...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I577 using Tapatalk

Development Projects @ meticulus.co.vu
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Exhibit / Ace 2e
Carbon ROM for Samsung Galaxy Player 5
Carbon ROM for Hisense Sero 7 Pro

Pro Tip
Tom Cruise's greatest acting role: Les Grossman - Tropic Thunder"
The Following User Says Thank You to Meticulus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]