Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,105 Members 44,969 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Nook broke

Tip us?

jpisini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234
Default Nook broke

Fell down flight of concrete steps. I have protection plan but none in stuck have to ship mine back and wait for replacement. Very sad.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app

Sherip
Old
Thanks Meter 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpisini View Post
Fell down flight of concrete steps. I have protection plan but none in stuck have to ship mine back and wait for replacement. Very sad.

Sent from my PG86100 using xda app-developers app
Sincere sympathy for the mishap! Hope your replacement arrives quickly.

Sent from HD+ MAG2GA CM 11 from SD

jpisini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherip View Post
Sincere sympathy for the mishap! Hope your replacement arrives quickly.

Sent from HD+ MAG2GA CM 11 from SD
Thanks man. I got an email saying it would ship tomorrow so here is hoping.

jpisini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234
Lady on the phone made it sound like it would be at least a week for me to get the replacement. I called them yesterday it was waiting for me when I got home from work today. A very nice surprise. I have to say it came in a box that said refurbished but it looks brand new. testing it now so far everything looks good.

jpisini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234
Thought there might be an issue with the battery first couple of charges I only got about two hours of use which is crazy. Once I shut off all the syncing it isn't bad it seems to be about 10 to 15 percent an hour of real use and 1 percent overnight, a little higher than CM or Carbon but close enough. I haven't done anything to this one (rooted or new Rom) as I wanted to make sure it works right first.
I can boot off of the SDcard I built to do internal installs with CWM on it but I tried to build a new CM on SDcard so I could dual boot (wiped the old one for storage) and I can't boot off it not sure if I am doing something wrong or this device is just pickier than my old one. My old one would boot off anything. Overall I think it is OK I had a couple of crashes but they were after playing games so I think it was a resource thing.

jpisini
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 234
Had time to try it again. I must have done something wrong when building the card it is working now after trying again.