Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Boost the Brightness of Your Sony Xperia Z1’s LED

I think the last time anyone has ever used a physical torch to find their earphones, … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: Modify the Look of Your Volume Control – XDA TV

How many screenshots have you seen with a volume status bar in the … more
Thread Deleted

applies to at&t i527 Mega

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
1st February 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag North Jersey
Thanks Meter: 529

1,272 posts
More
Just got my at&t mega. I have a Ptel sim going in my iphone, and a lyca paygo in my Note. Was thinking of maybe activating the phone on one of these, but just went thru instead of accepting the contract on the phone and activating with the new att sim. BOY, that was the right thing to do!!!! I'll tell you why. I'm not sure if the Mega is affected, but better safe than sorry.

Just went onto cellunlocker to see how much to unlock with their generated code. They now have a new disclaimer. The following is taken from cellunlocker's site.

PLEASE READ THIS DISCLAIMER: If you have a Samsung Galaxy S3, S4, Note 2, Note 3 or your Android version is Android 4.4 (KITKAT)

All SAMSUNG devices manufactured after the date of JULY 2013 and Samsung devices running on Android version is Android 4.4 (KITKAT) are subject to REGION LOCKING

If your phone has been used previously with the original carrier, this will not apply to you. However, if your device is BRAND NEW, your must activate it with the original carrier.

If your Samsung device becomes Region locked, you will not be able to fully factory Unlock your Samsung devices so it can be used internationally. Even the correct code will not work anymore.

In order for your Samsung device NOT to be region locked, you MUST activate (FIRST USE) your S3, S4, NOTE 2, NOTE 3 with your ORIGINAL carrier at least ONCE to take your region lock OFF. After your Region lock is off, you can Sim Unlock your device via Unlock Code.

*All Canadian Carriers are NOT subject to Region Locking

*All USA and European Carriers ARE subject to Region Locking

So, activate on your carrier first. Then unlock and use a prepaid sim!!!

It was a quote of $30 to unlock the Mega
The Following User Says Thank You to sashusmom For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread