Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,563 Members 44,717 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sudden SSL errors

Tip us?

sb719
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Default [Q] Sudden SSL errors

My son's 210R just today started getting SSL errors every time he tries to access a Google site. It also seems to be interfering with Google apps as well, YouTube, Play Store, and Gmail all report "no connection". He pretty much can't do anything that requires a connection to Google.

This is on our home network, I have another 210R, my own 310, plus computers, Xbox,etc that don't get any sort of error so I don't think it's a network issue.

I did root the table the day before yesterday, and uninstalled a few system apps he didn't use (Flipboard, ChatOn, WatchOn, Game Hub, Play Music, Game Hub, Music Hub, Peel, Polaris, and Group Play).

Could any of that have caused an issue? I rooted by flashing TWRP from Odin and then flashing the universal root zip.

Any suggestions would be helpful.

NilsBe
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by sb719 View Post
My son's 210R just today started getting SSL errors every time he tries to access a Google site. It also seems to be interfering with Google apps as well, YouTube, Play Store, and Gmail all report "no connection". He pretty much can't do anything that requires a connection to Google.

This is on our home network, I have another 210R, my own 310, plus computers, Xbox,etc that don't get any sort of error so I don't think it's a network issue.

I did root the table the day before yesterday, and uninstalled a few system apps he didn't use (Flipboard, ChatOn, WatchOn, Game Hub, Play Music, Game Hub, Music Hub, Peel, Polaris, and Group Play).

Could any of that have caused an issue? I rooted by flashing TWRP from Odin and then flashing the universal root zip.

Any suggestions would be helpful.
Please check your Time/Date and adjust it in case it is not correct. As the Samsung Galaxy Tab has no ntp time sync this could be the reason for the problem. If the time is correct you will have to keep searching for the solution.

Best
Nils
The Following User Says Thank You to NilsBe For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

sb719
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by NilsBe View Post
Please check your Time/Date and adjust it in case it is not correct. As the Samsung Galaxy Tab has no ntp time sync this could be the reason for the problem. If the time is correct you will have to keep searching for the solution.

Best
Nils
Thanks for the reply.
I read that somewhere else, too. Right after I did a factory reset, which also worked.