Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,174 Members 51,722 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Errr, phone won't turn on?

Tip us?

pointystar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default Errr, phone won't turn on?

It all started last night. So I tried to flash the vanir 4.4.2 ROM and the Carbon rom, but none of them worked. I had CWM recovery and it kept giving me a status 7 error. I was soft bricked, so I wasn't really scared. (Yes i used the correct rom, d2spr). I then used Odin and flashed the twrp custom recovery. Still, failed ROM. I then proceeded to just unroot the whole phone, so I went to this thread

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1904099

put it on my 32GB sdcard and plugged it in my 16GB s3. I downloaded the new 16GB with md4 count reset yada yada yada. So it flashed smoothly, and it said succesful. But before it rebooted, twrp asked to flash supersu. I said no and it just turned off. It didn't turn back on. Took out the batter, charged it, did everything. It isn't turning on. Any ideas? I flashed ALL correct ROMs yet this happens.

Jessooca
Old
Thanks Meter 319
Put the latest Philz zip on your sdcard and flash that in twrp, reboot recovery....

Try it with Philz and see if it makes a difference as twrp can be wonky

Sent from my SPH-L710 using xda app-developers app

We never really grow up, we only learn how to act in public.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jessooca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pointystar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessooca View Post
Put the latest Philz zip on your sdcard and flash that in twrp, reboot recovery....

Try it with Philz and see if it makes a difference as twrp can be wonky

Yea, I think I know what happened. I, idiotically, flashed 4.3 update. So that unroot .zip file just hardbricked my phone. Am waiting for a 4.3 debrick image. But thanks for trying to help anyway.

Jessooca
Old
Thanks Meter 319
Okay this may seem redundant but plug your phone into your wall charger and in 4 hours minimum grab your phone and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then unplug your phone.
-Now hold volume down and home button, while holding them plug your phone in and keep holding them until the screen pops up. You should have life again.

The Following User Says Thank You to Jessooca For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

pointystar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Okay this may seem redundant but plug your phone into your wall charger and in 4 hours minimum grab your phone and hold the power button for 30 seconds and then unplug your phone.
-Now hold volume down and home button, while holding them plug your phone in and keep holding them until the screen pops up. You should have life again.

Wait so this is the sequence?

-Plug phone into wall charger for 4 hours
-Hold power button for 30 seconds while phone is still plugged
-Let go of power button and unplug phone
-Hold volume down and home button and plug phone in (do I also hold power button too?)
-keep holding until (download mode?) pops up.

Sorry if I'm being detailed, but I need exact instructions so I know I didn't mess up.

Jessooca
Old
Thanks Meter 319
When you're holding volume down and the home button press power for about 5 seconds or however long until the Samsung logo pops up

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

If the logo does not appear within ten seconds while holding vol down and the home button let me know if you get any response at all

pointystar
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
When you're holding volume down and the home button press power for about 5 seconds or however long until the Samsung logo pops up

---------- Post added at 05:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:19 PM ----------

If the logo does not appear within ten seconds while holding vol down and the home button let me know if you get any response at all

Holy ****, this worked. I'm in download mode and Odin recognizes my phone. Thanks jess.

Jessooca
Old
Thanks Meter 319
Woohoo. Glad we got you back up and running.

You're welcome.

Go Broncos!