XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] N9005 Cyanogenmod nightly device name failure

Tip us?

Ie0n
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] N9005 Cyanogenmod nightly device name failure

I rooted my SM-N9005 with CF-Autoroot and tried installing the hltexx cyanogenmod 11 nightly Rom. First, I flashed Clockworkmod 6.0.4.5 via Odin and put the .zip of the cm rom on the external sd card. When I tried installing the Rom, it failed: This version is for hltexx, you have htle
As far as I read, htle stands for various samsung devices, but htlexx stands for SM-N9005. I looked up my device description in the build.prop:
ro.product.name=hltexx
ro.product.device=hlte

The first attempt to fix this was to simply change the build.prop (which might have been a stupid idea). CWM reported the same problem as before... :/
Then I flashed twrp 2.6.3.7. and tried flashing the cm rom. Not only did it report a problem with the wrong phone model, it also reported that it couldn`t mount drive E (Usbstick).
My next troubleshooting approach was to erase (not delete) the file "metadata", which determines the right device as hltexx. That caused the installation to abort at the point where it usually reports the error... Adapting the metadata to hlte caused the installation to abort, too.
All metadata approaches where done on both cwm and twrp, I also tried restoring the build.prop, so I don`t manually create a difference between the Rom target device and what the ro.product.device tells.
For the sake of it, I also wiped the phone multiple times....without any impact apart from me having to get back old data soon
Someone please help me solve this problem, I did everything I could to get the rom to work. This is my first Android device and attempt to flash a custom Rom, so please don`t laugh at me if I did a stupid mistake somewhere

RErick
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3546

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ie0n View Post
I rooted my SM-N9005 with CF-Autoroot and tried installing the hltexx cyanogenmod 11 nightly Rom. First, I flashed Clockworkmod 6.0.4.5 via Odin and put the .zip of the cm rom on the external sd card. When I tried installing the Rom, it failed: This version is for hltexx, you have htle
As far as I read, htle stands for various samsung devices, but htlexx stands for SM-N9005. I looked up my device description in the build.prop:
ro.product.name=hltexx
ro.product.device=hlte

The first attempt to fix this was to simply change the build.prop (which might have been a stupid idea). CWM reported the same problem as before... :/
Then I flashed twrp 2.6.3.7. and tried flashing the cm rom. Not only did it report a problem with the wrong phone model, it also reported that it couldn`t mount drive E (Usbstick).
My next troubleshooting approach was to erase (not delete) the file "metadata", which determines the right device as hltexx. That caused the installation to abort at the point where it usually reports the error... Adapting the metadata to hlte caused the installation to abort, too.
All metadata approaches where done on both cwm and twrp, I also tried restoring the build.prop, so I don`t manually create a difference between the Rom target device and what the ro.product.device tells.
For the sake of it, I also wiped the phone multiple times....without any impact apart from me having to get back old data soon
Someone please help me solve this problem, I did everything I could to get the rom to work. This is my first Android device and attempt to flash a custom Rom, so please don`t laugh at me if I did a stupid mistake somewhere
First of all this is the wrong forum. You are in the ATT Note 3 forum.

Secondly, you don't erase the meta inf folder.

If you want to fix your updater issue, go to the meta inf>com>Google>android and find the updater-script

Send it to me and I will fix it for you so it will install

Sent from my SM-N900A
The Following User Says Thank You to RErick For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]