5,600,725 Members 38,531 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] finding the right firmware/ruu

Tip us?
 
whimful
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Post [Q] finding the right firmware/ruu

status: HTC One X, s-off, unlocked, no reliable firmware or ROM

the last things I've done are to follow steps in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598659
synopsis:
  • unlocked phone, changed CID to HTC__E11,
  • relocked phone, flashed firmware 3.14.401.31, ran RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.31_R_Ra dio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed.exe
  • unlocked phone, flashed CWM recovery 5.8.4.0

problem: ROM will not start up and run reliably. I can't start recovery from bootloader, so I can't install another rom.

current getvar all:
Code:
version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.39.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.162.29
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.14.401.31
serialno: FA2A4W102453
imei: 35399505028163
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ461****
cidnum: HTC__E11
battery-status: low
battery-voltage: 3527mV
devpower: 0
partition-layout: None
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0
 
whimful
Old
#2  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default further details

further history:
  • phone was imported into new zealand from unknown origin
  • when I started working on the phone, I remember is having CID: 11111111, and had HBOOT 0.96
  • I think Hong Kong zoned firmware and RUU 1.29.708.15 were a combination which allowed me entry to CWM successfully, though low hboot version limited me from flashing cyanogenmod 10.1/ 10.2. Didn't try other ROMs
  • when I was flashing earlier, the battery charge was above 4000mV, it seems to have lost a lot of charge overnight

any help or advice around finding the right firmware/RUU that might help me install a working ROM would be amazing.
if I'm barking up the wrong tree also happy to explore other leads.
thanks in advance
 
big noob
Old
#3  
big noob's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 86
Posts: 447
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Classified
okey..for working recovery download cwm.img and flash it from FASTBOOT..then you can restore stock backup or flash custom rom..

Sent from my EndeavorU using Tapatalk 2
]Device: hTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
ROM: Stock 4.2.2
 
Thant
Old
#4  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,102
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sofia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimful View Post
further history:
  • phone was imported into new zealand from unknown origin
  • when I started working on the phone, I remember is having CID: 11111111, and had HBOOT 0.96
  • I think Hong Kong zoned firmware and RUU 1.29.708.15 were a combination which allowed me entry to CWM successfully, though low hboot version limited me from flashing cyanogenmod 10.1/ 10.2. Didn't try other ROMs
  • when I was flashing earlier, the battery charge was above 4000mV, it seems to have lost a lot of charge overnight

any help or advice around finding the right firmware/RUU that might help me install a working ROM would be amazing.
if I'm barking up the wrong tree also happy to explore other leads.
thanks in advance
first of all flash again the same RUU 3.14.401.31 after this receive all update to latest JB and after this install Philz recovery and custom rom the 3.14 is not the lastest firmware for the HOX it is 4.20.401.3
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #017 LM
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
The Following User Says Thank You to Thant For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
ahmed309
Old
#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 6
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by whimful View Post
status: HTC One X, s-off, unlocked, no reliable firmware or ROM

the last things I've done are to follow steps in this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2598659
synopsis:
  • unlocked phone, changed CID to HTC__E11,
  • relocked phone, flashed firmware 3.14.401.31, ran RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_JB_45_S_HTC_Europe_3.14.401.31_R_Ra dio_5.1204.162.29_release_302015_signed.exe
  • unlocked phone, flashed CWM recovery 5.8.4.0

problem: ROM will not start up and run reliably. I can't start recovery from bootloader, so I can't install another rom.

current getvar all:
Code:
version: 0.5a
version-bootloader: 1.39.0000
version-baseband: 5.1204.162.29
version-cpld: None
version-microp: None
version-main: 3.14.401.31
serialno: FA2A4W102453
imei: 35399505028163
product: endeavoru
platform: HBOOT-T30S
modelid: PJ461****
cidnum: HTC__E11
battery-status: low
battery-voltage: 3527mV
devpower: 0
partition-layout: None
security: off
build-mode: SHIP
boot-mode: FASTBOOT
commitno-bootloader: None
hbootpreupdate: 2
gencheckpt: 0
can u guide me how u changed ur cid because i also want to change my cid i am using one x with CID Orange_001
 
Thant
Old
(Last edited by Thant; 31st January 2014 at 04:56 PM.)
#6  
Thant's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 361
Posts: 1,102
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Sofia

 
DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmed309 View Post
can u guide me how u changed ur cid because i also want to change my cid i am using one x with CID Orange_001
fastboot oem writecid 11111111

11111111 - Super CID other CID you can check in nandroid backup thread mine is HTC__032 x.xx.401.x WWE base
If my post help you a click on Thanks would be nice

YOU ARE A NOOB CLICK HERE OR YOU ARE COMPLETE NOOB CLIK HERE

Device: HTC One X 32GB
CID: HTC__032
HBOOT: 1.72
KERNEL: lONELyX #017 LM
ROM: lONElyX 1.0.1 with modification
 
whimful
Old
#7  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default phone no longer booting

thanks for everyone's suggestions.
since the first post I haven't been able to try anything, because phone seems unresponsive (will not boot at all).

I've tried leaving it all night plugged into a wall charger (while off).

If it is battery, I'm aware of charging issues this phone has and the batchfile/ cwm 5.8.4.0 workarounds, but I can't get into recovery nor bootloader. If it's charge is there any way to get the phone enough charge?

Is the phone bricked?
 
whimful
Old
#8  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 4
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default phone now has some charge, still being awkward

ok have access to bootloader again. I'm trying rerunning the RUU, but having trouble... RUU tries to restart phone but fails.

I'm wondering if i've misunderstood how the region matters. the only stability i have seen is with old honkkong region firmware and old RUU (RUU_ENDEAVOR_U_ICS_40_hTC_Asia_HK_1.29.708.15_Rad io_2.1204.122.17_release_268338_signed.exe)

can anyone give me a clear idea of whether using x.xx.401.xx on an s-off phone makes any difference ...
or should i be looking for x.xx.708.xx ruu and 708/hongkong firmware?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


TRENDING IN THEMER...