[Guide] How to get Viper4Android working on 4.3.1+ Roms

Tip us?

REV3NT3CH
Old
Recognized Contributor - OP
Thanks Meter 1149

DONATE TO ME
Default [Guide] How to get Viper4Android working on 4.3.1+ Roms

So I know many of you enjoyed using this amazing mod in the past and something in our builds caused it to break after 4.3.1 roms started rolling out. Look no further as i have a fix for you that is guaranteed to work again.

Step 1.) For the first step you will need to edit your build.prop file found in /system folder. Personally i use Rom Toolbox lite (found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....toolbox&hl=en) as it comes with a built in build.prop editor and root browser and it is free. Some of these edits may already be in your build.prop so check the edits posted below to see if they are already there or just need a slight change before just adding it as having 2 of the same edits with a different value may conflict with eachother

the edits are:
lpa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=false
tunnel.audiovideo.decode=false

it may ask to reboot on some or just one of these but we can skip rebooting for now. once set we can now move forward.

Before starting the next step MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE AND UNINSTALL DSP MANAGER. you can do so via app manager in ROM Toolbox Lite.

Step 2.) Now we download viper4android according to your rom version. For 4.3.1 roms get this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid4x&hl=en

Once downloaded and installed you will now have to copy and paste it from /data/app to system/app. When it finishes copying over delete the app from /data/app as it will not work otherwise. Make sure permissions are properly set to rw-r--r-- or 0644 in numerical terms. Rom Toolbox will make this whole process easier and faster.

At this point you will now reboot your device for the next step

Step 3.) Once rebooted open the app and it will have you install its driver Select cortex A8 option (3rd one down). It will ask to reboot but dont do it yet. Last thing to do is while in viper4android app hit the sttings button and you will see a long list of things. Select FX Compatible Mode and switch from Normal to Compatible mode and now you reboot for it to take effect and work.

After this you are all set to start setting your sound otions in viper4android and enjoy

I Give great Thanks to:

@zhuhang for making this great app/mod
@jrummy for creating rom toolbox (another amazing app)
@Bradl79 for the build.prop idea
@bbgreen for confirming this works
And Anyone else i may have missed
If i have PM me and ill gladly add them in
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

REV3NT3CH
Old
(Last edited by REV3NT3CH; 14th December 2013 at 10:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 1149

DONATE TO ME
So far for the headset option i have the following enabled and set

Under MASTER POWER:
Enable V4A-FX is checked and powered on

Under FIREQUALIZER:
Enabled is checked and powered on
Select Preset is set to Rock

Under DYNAMIC SYSTEM:
Enable is checked
Select Listening Device is set to Common Earphone (v2)
Select Dynamic Bass is set to 2 percent

Under FIDELITY CONTROL:
Enable ViPER Bass is checked
Select Bass Mode is set to Natural Bass
Select Bass Frequency is set to 100Hz
Enable ViPER Clarity is checked
Select Clarity Mode is set to XHiFi
Select Clarity is set to 3.5 db

thats all i have set for now but i'm using skullkandy heaphones with this setup will vary for other headphone brands and models. with this setup it gets very loud and clear as well as amazing bass so dont damage your eardrums lol

Other aidio profiles can be found here by scrolling down to second post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...=viper4android

Thanks @sixcarnage for posting that as well
Samsung Relay 4g
Rom: [4.4.2] [Unofficial] LiquidSmooth v3.0 Kernel: B14CKB1RD Recovery: TWRP 2.7.0.0
HTC REZOUND
Recovery: TWRP 2.6.3.0 (Masque Of The Red Death) HBOOT: 2.28 Unlocked S-Off Radios: 2.23.10.0123r/2.23.10.0124r

Donations are never expected but i will always fully appreciate and give thanks for them
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

PhantasmRezound
Old
Thanks Meter 458
Quote:
Originally Posted by REV3NT3CH View Post
So I know many of you enjoyed using this amazing mod in the past and something in our builds caused it to break after 4.3.1 roms started rolling out. Look no further as i have a fix for you that is guaranteed to work again.

Step 1.) For the first step you will need to edit your build.prop file found in /system folder. Personally i use Rom Toolbox lite (found here https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....toolbox&hl=en) as it comes with a built in build.prop editor and root browser and it is free. Some of these edits may already be in your build.prop so check the edits posted below to see if they are already there or just need a slight change before just adding it as having 2 of the same edits with a different value may conflict with eachother

the edits are:
lpa.decode=false
tunnel.decode=false
tunnel.audiovideo.decode=false

it may ask to reboot on some or just one of these but we can skip rebooting for now. once set we can now move forward.

Before starting the next step MAKE SURE YOU REMOVE AND UNINSTALL DSP MANAGER. you can do so via app manager in ROM Toolbox Lite.

Step 2.) Now we download viper4android according to your rom version. For 4.3.1 roms get this one https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid4x&hl=en

Once downloaded and installed you will now have to copy and paste it from /data/app to system/app. When it finishes copying over delete the app from /data/app as it will not work otherwise. Make sure permissions are properly set to rw-r--r-- or 0644 in numerical terms. Rom Toolbox will make this whole process easier and faster.

At this point you will now reboot your device for the next step

Step 3.) Once rebooted open the app and it will have you install its driver Select cortex A8 option (3rd one down). It will ask to reboot but dont do it yet. Last thing to do is while in viper4android app hit the sttings button and you will see a long list of things. Select FX Compatible Mode and switch from Normal to Compatible mode and now you reboot for it to take effect and work.

After this you are all set to start setting your sound otions in viper4android and enjoy

I Give great Thanks to:

@zhuhang for making this great app/mod
@jrummy for creating rom toolbox (another amazing app)
@Bradl79 for the build.prop idea
@bbgreen for confirming this works
And Anyone else i may have missed
If i have PM me and ill gladly add them in
Been trying to get this to work for a while as well as you may recall from past comments. Sure this guide will produce a desired "universal" sound effect as before? I had no luck with SoundCloud getting processed by V4A after this. However, I may needed to retry steps verbatim on a fresh ROM install too as I had some other conflicting things to clean up along the way.

REV3NT3CH
Old
(Last edited by REV3NT3CH; 1st February 2014 at 07:12 AM.)
Thanks Meter 1149

DONATE TO ME
Idk about soundcloud...I does work like it did before in Apollo...my guess is that its directing to basic sound while using other apps or stuff like soundcloud

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda app-developers app
Samsung Relay 4g
HTC REZOUND

onthehole
Old
Thanks Meter 52
Nice find Rev! Works great.
The Following User Says Thank You to onthehole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

xmoox
Old
Thanks Meter 27
Thanks for the write up I just tried it. Unfortunately it only seems to work with Apollo. When I try it with Power Amp or Pandora it no longer works. On my old sense 4.0 ROM viper4android would modify those programs as well Ive tried the current version and the version off the play store with the same results. Thanks for the write up though very easy to follow.
The Following User Says Thank You to xmoox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

bbgreen
Old
Thanks Meter 93
Please post any questions about Viper4Android here not just 4.3 ROMs.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk

bunchies
Old
Thanks Meter 316
Default How To Bake Viper4Android into a ROM zip (BASED OFF OFF v.2322)

@REV3NT3CH Consider adding this to the thread (Not trying to hijack the thread) this may be super long

@PTuT @Chucktr you asked for a pm of how to bake v4a into a rom, i decided to post it here for everyone

If you dont want to download the apk and install the apk/drivers you can merge the drivers and app from your pc.
ill probably end up making a script for this but right now i don't mind copying it into new builds for now

Latest apk - http://www.mediafire.com/download/z1...d_FX_v2322.zip

driver - http://d-h.st/xHh

driver config - http://d-h.st/axM

i usually use 7zip for archive viewer ect..

1. Open the rom zip in 7zip or whatever you choose to use
2. In 7zip navigate to "system/priv-app/" and drag/drop the apk you downloaded into the 7zip window.
3. In 7zip back out of the "prive-app" folder and navigate to "system/lib/soundfx/" and drag/drop libv4a_fx_ics.so you downloaded into the 7zip window
4. in 7zip back out of "soundfx" & "lib" and navigate to "system/ect/" and drag/drop audio_effects.conf you downloaded into the 7zip window
Exit 7zip, Now you have the app and driver baked in the rom

Now what happens when any of this stuff gets update?.... well

Drag/drop the latest apk to priv-app (obviously lol)
The Driver can be pulled from the inside the apk in the assets folder using 7zip. Use any of the drivers containing "libv4a_fx_ics_NEON" based on the quality of the driver they are named different but i use libv4a_fx_ics_NEON_HQ, rename it to libv4a_fx_ics.so and copy it to the rom zip
We cant use the JB drivers on jb or kk, only ics

i dont know how often audio_effects.conf gets updated but just add the fallowing to the audio_effects.conf in the rom zip (ONLY IF NEEDED) the download link above should be good fine good for a while:
Line 9 to 11 :

v4a_fx {
path /system/lib/soundfx/libv4a_fx_ics.so
}

Line 69 to 72:

v4a_standard_fx {
library v4a_fx
uuid 41d3c987-e6cf-11e3-a88a-11aba5d5c51b
}

all of this is based off of v.2322 so i cannot guarantee this to work within the next year or so ect... if someone updated something
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to bunchies For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

REV3NT3CH
Old
Thanks Meter 1149

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by bunchies View Post
@REV3NT3CH Consider adding this to the thread (Not trying to hijack the thread) this may be super long
thanks for this...will deffinately be very useful and will do...your not hijacking bud your contributing to a very useful cause... you tha man @bunchies
Samsung Relay 4g
HTC REZOUND

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to REV3NT3CH For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]