Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,230 Members 48,171 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Camera app turns on by itself

Tip us?

Deviatorz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Camera app turns on by itself

For some reason my camera app turns on by itself sometimes, especially when my phone screen is off and i receive a text and my screen turns on. It is not S voice because it doesn't go through the S voice app.

Sometimes when I leave the screen on sitting on a desk, it turns itself up as well. Does anyone know what bug this is? I'm not rooted and using the original ROM. Im using the rogers variant note 3

FeralFire
Old
Thanks Meter 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviatorz View Post
For some reason my camera app turns on by itself sometimes, especially when my phone screen is off and i receive a text and my screen turns on. It is not S voice because it doesn't go through the S voice app.

Sometimes when I leave the screen on sitting on a desk, it turns itself up as well. Does anyone know what bug this is? I'm not rooted and using the original ROM. Im using the rogers variant note 3
Do you use S-view cover?

Is it possible that while hitting the power button to switch off the screen, you accidentally touch a camera shortcut and when the screen turns on, it opens to camera?

Deviatorz
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviatorz View Post

No I don't use the S cover or any cover for that matter. This happens right before my eyes. I don't touch anything and if I receive a text while my phone is on the table, the camera app turns itself on right after, but this doesn't always happen though. It's really annoying.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using xda app-developers app