An Android Enthusiast’s Apple iPhone 6 Challenge – XDA TV

The media has gone batty again over Apple “revolutionizing” … more

Sony to Extend its AOSP Program to Other Devices

Sony will be offering its users the possibility to use AOSP ROMs as an alternative to the … more

Project Ara Smartphone Will Run Modified Android L with Hot Swapping

Project Ara is a very exciting topic–both for hardware and … more

Streamline Android Theme Customization with Graphic Porter

I dont have a custom theme on my Android phone, and the reason for this is because … more

Touch Screen Responsiveness While Charging

1st February 2014, 11:12 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 53

119 posts
More
Hi guys,

I have a new XT1033 (Aussie dual sim version) Moto G.

When using the packaged charger, the screen becomes quite unresponsive. This seems to be a problem with a few other phones too. (Droid Incredible, GSII and Epic 4G all have threads on this problem.)

Why does this happen, and is there a fix?

Thanks,
Greg
1st February 2014, 11:19 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
More
It also happened to me with Samsung charger... I changed USB cable and everything seems to be working fine from that time... but I don't know if it's problem in USB cable with one contact missing or it just happen randomly.
1st February 2014, 01:30 PM   |  #3  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 21

55 posts
More
Happened to me as well, when first charged it and was still on Jelly Bean. No such problem since the update to Kitkat, same cable and charger.
1st February 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #4  
OP Senior Member
Flag Melbourne
Thanks Meter: 53

119 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by centavar

Happened to me as well, when first charged it and was still on Jelly Bean. No such problem since the update to Kitkat, same cable and charger.

I've found it to happen on both JB and KK.

But I've also had periods on both where it works as usual. you're probably just experiencing one of those periods.
1st February 2014, 02:10 PM   |  #5  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 21

55 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregneal

I've found it to happen on both JB and KK.

But I've also had periods on both where it works as usual. you're probably just experiencing one of those periods.

Just as I grabbed the phone to read the email about your responce and it happened again Soo yeah, apparently it happens on KitKat too... Good thing the phone charges relatively quick.
1st February 2014, 03:52 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 1,590

1,235 posts
Donate to Me
I got the same with a charger screen doesnt work...but it doesnt work also on other phone..
Im using another 1A charger now and no problem when charging.
1st February 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 350

235 posts
It's caused by electrical interference from the charger affecting the capacitive screen. Sometimes using a case can make it worse.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
1st February 2014, 05:24 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 2

18 posts
I had the same problems as well, and i contacted Motorola, they said the voltage in the charger you're using is to low

Sent from my XT1032 using xda app-developers app
1st February 2014, 05:54 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 19

43 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by t-bon3

It's caused by electrical interference from the charger affecting the capacitive screen. Sometimes using a case can make it worse.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

You nailed it right!! It is usually due to the 'Parasitic capacitive coupling' and poor quality of Power/charger/USB cable.. This occurs only in capacitive sensing units and when using SMPS based power supplies. This even affects laptop trackpads..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satheesh.a For This Useful Post: [ View ]
30th July 2014, 04:14 PM   |  #10  
Thanks Meter: 1

50 posts
I'm having the same problem with my moto E and don't think its worth starting a new thread. I googled the issue and ended up here. Does anyone know of a charger that doesn't do this while charging? Also it doesn't have the issue when plugged into the computer. Right now for charging I am using a charger from an old blackberry bold. when using a charger that makes the phone do this, is it causing damage to the phone at all?

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread