Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

I337 4.3 mk2 ss... from HyperDrive to Deadly_Venom lost root?

OP Hodgesdroid

1st February 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Washington Indiana 47501
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
Hello..im pretty new to this as only have rooted a couple other droids in my day..im currently having trouble with my At&t i337 on android 4.3 mk2..im running safe strap & was using a hyperdrive rom today but had no ota data working..so I wiped all the hyperdrive stuff from the phone & downloaded the latest Deadly Venom rom for my device...it installed fine & is working & so far i love it..but when i try to open supersu it says no binaries. .I tried my root checker & its telling me im not rooted..I tried every method i could find to root the phone yesterday & was only successful with using "kingo root" I belive it was called..I dont know what's going on with this thing but i would like to get the problem solved so i can install beats audio or viper4android audio mods ive downloaded among do other things..what do you reckon my problem is & how should i go about fixing it? Thanks ahead of time. .joe

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1st February 2014, 09:42 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Fog City
Thanks Meter: 3,906

2,409 posts
Donate to Me
More
Mk2 useful link!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hodgesdroid

Hello..im pretty new to this as only have rooted a couple other droids in my day..im currently having trouble with my At&t i337 on android 4.3 mk2..im running safe strap & was using a hyperdrive rom today but had no ota data working..so I wiped all the hyperdrive stuff from the phone & downloaded the latest Deadly Venom rom for my device...it installed fine & is working & so far i love it..but when i try to open supersu it says no binaries. .I tried my root checker & its telling me im not rooted..I tried every method i could find to root the phone yesterday & was only successful with using "kingo root" I belive it was called..I dont know what's going on with this thing but i would like to get the problem solved so i can install beats audio or viper4android audio mods ive downloaded among do other things..what do you reckon my problem is & how should i go about fixing it? Thanks ahead of time. .joe

Download this latest SuperSu.apk v1.91 and always place it on your SD Card....just incase u losing root.....FOLLOW THESE STEP....HOPE THAT WOULD GET U BACK ON DEADLY VENOM:

1. U NEED TO FLASH TO STOCK FIRST VIA ODIN ....FOLLOW MY THREAD | ★ MK2 ★ FULL ODIN TAR FILES ★ MK2 ★ | ★ UNBRICKED ★ Jan.31.2014 ★ | GUIDE ON POST#2
2. USE SAFEROOT METHOD FROM VERIZON FORUM.....
3. INSTALL SAFESTRAP V3.71
4. DOWNLOAD LATEST DEADLY VENOM v1.3.9-NA4-STOCK-SLOT
5. DO NOT REBOOT TO SYSTEM YET JUST INCASE U MIGHT LOOSE ROOT AGAIN FROM WHATEVER U DID PREVIOUSLY.....FROM SAFESTRAP MENU HIT HOME>INSTALL>FLASH THAT SUPERSU.APK TO EITHER STOCK-SLOT OR ROM SLOT THAT U PLANNING TO USE.....
6 REBOOT TO SYSTEM.....AND ENJOY.....AND CHECK THIS MK2 INDEX & ROM LIST THAT U CAN INSTALL FOR MK2+SSv3.71 USERS

GOODLUCK.....LET ME KNOW HOW IT GO.....
Last edited by ted77usa; 2nd February 2014 at 12:34 AM.
1st February 2014, 12:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Washington Indiana 47501
Thanks Meter: 3

12 posts
More
That did it!! Just had to boot into SS & flash my SuperSu zip then reboot..working flawlessly! You da man Ted..thanks a ton..mad props..now im off to fiddle with my Wanam & sound mods..do a little more tweaking.. I thought it may be a Supersu issue, I just couldn't figure out how to fix it...now I do..

The Following User Says Thank You to Hodgesdroid For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread