NFC Issue

OP Stirlin

1st February 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 6

49 posts
Hi,

Not sure if this has been posted anywhere before, but I figured I would share this with everyone anyway.

For some weeks now I have been having issues with my SP C5303 (Stock Voda Rooted and Recovery Installed) where it randomly beeps and vibrates. I call this vibr-eeting!!!

It has been driving me bonkers! I thought at first it was the custom ROM I was using, so flashed back to stock, then I thought it was faulty.

Eventually I just went though all of the settings and turned everything off I could, an lo n behold, when I turned off the NFC, it stopped.
Again, I figured the phone may be faulty and as I never use the NFC just figured What the Hell, I dont care.
Anyway, I decided to flash back to a ROM and noticed that, when I have my phone out of the flip wallet case, the NFC does not mis-behave.
So I decided to see if there was something in the flip wallet causing the issue. And YES! There was.

My frikkin Bank (ATM) Card!! It has that "swipe" technology built in (allowing me to pay just by touching the card on the reader)
As soon as I take it out of the flip holder when the NFC is turned on, it stops vibr-eeting If i put the card near the back of the phone, it starts vibr-eeting again!

Well, I hope this helps someone out if you have this issue at all.

Toodles!
The Following User Says Thank You to Stirlin For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
nfc android beam
Previous Thread Next Thread