[Q] S4 Black Screens to Bootloop

OP MoistRigby

1st February 2014, 12:16 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Been having this problem with the latest 4.4 kitkat roms, (GE & AOSP)
when i was back on my old bootloader (whatever it shipped with) and modem (XXUEMJ5) i would always get a random force shutdown when just using my phone through daily use, it would either:

A) Boot for a short time with several apps having lost all their data (such as usernames and passwords). Then shortly after shutdown again into a constant bootloop. (Upon entering Recovery the phone would display 0% battery)

B)Shutdown into a bootloop only recoverable by wiping the /data partition or reflashing the rom (or any other rom).

So then i heard good news from the new bootloader and modem from the XXUFNA5 Leaks throughout the forums and decided to flash them and also test the leaked TW rom. Being me the rom was laggy as hell and i quickly reverted back to Jamal's 4.4 RC 1.1
Unfortunately the force shutdown bootloop problem continued but when it would shutdown i could plug the phone into a power source and boot without problems? not very convenient if you ask me.

just recently i flashed Brood's AOSP pre-RC4 which was working fine until i was signing into some apps then it force shutdown and as i tried to boot the phone went to "Updating apps 1 of 1" and then instantly shut down again.
I went into recovery and wiped /data, /cache and Dalvik then rebooted, the phone would reach the final stage of booting (just before the lockscreen shows) and would reboot and repeat the process all over again.

I went to flash a different rom so i could atleast have a working phone for the day and upon fully wiping, etc. the phone would not boot and continue the reboot process. i suspected a bootloader problem so i reflashed the bootloader and roms now boot. im guessing the bootloader was corrupted somehow and i think the process will just repeat itself.

Anyone got any ideas? I'm stumped and frustrated as the process of setting my phone back up every day is getting extremely boring.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread