FORUMS

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

Sunday Debate: How Can We Get a No-Compromise Phone?

Join us in a fun Sunday Debate on Compromises. Come with your opinions and … more

Help me install Stock 4.4.2 Rom

116 posts
Thanks Meter: 7
 
By in_core, Senior Member on 1st February 2014, 01:43 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I am currently using CM 10.2 Stable rom on my LG G2. I want to install Kitkat based rom. Which rom is at this moment at the most stable phase? Please recommend me a rom.

And what stuffs do i need to wipe in my custom recovery manager before installing the rom and gapps?
 
 
1st February 2014, 01:52 PM |#2  
Robban's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_core

I am currently using CM 10.2 Stable rom on my LG G2. I want to install Kitkat based rom. Which rom is at this moment at the most stable phase? Please recommend me a rom.

And what stuffs do i need to wipe in my custom recovery manager before installing the rom and gapps?



I have tried out, Paranoid Android, AOKP, Omni and CM 11. So far Mahdi ROM is the most stable 4.4 rom out for the G2.
He contribute so fast, and bugs are fixed very fast. The ROM got OTA updates now awesell.

Go and check it out!
1st February 2014, 01:59 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthedlund

I have tried out, Paranoid Android, AOKP, Omni and CM 11. So far Mahdi ROM is the most stable 4.4 rom out for the G2.
He contribute so fast, and bugs are fixed very fast. The ROM got OTA updates now awesell.

Go and check it out!

Thanks for the suggestion but the thing is I am new in these advanced android stuffs. So i would prefer to choose from the renowned rom makers. So far I only found my device d802 listed in cyanogenmod and aokp's website. So which one should I choose from these two?
And i should get the latest nightly build right? (as in today's one)
1st February 2014, 02:04 PM |#4  
Robban's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_core

Thanks for the suggestion but the thing is I am new in these advanced android stuffs. So i would prefer to choose from the renowned rom makers. So far I only found my device d802 listed in cyanogenmod and aokp's website. So which one should I choose from these two?
And i should get the latest nightly build right? (as in today's one)


I would recommend the latest SNAPSHOT cm-11-20140104-SNAPSHOT-M2-d802.zip since it's a bit more stable then the nightlys.
And if you go for nightly, always check the CM 11 Official thread before upgrading the nightlys to see if some people have any big issues.

But like i said, I would recommend you to take the latest SNAPSHOP.

Cheers!
1st February 2014, 02:09 PM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roberthedlund

I would recommend the latest SNAPSHOT cm-11-20140104-SNAPSHOT-M2-d802.zip since it's a bit more stable then the nightlys.
And if you go for nightly, always check the CM 11 Official thread before upgrading the nightlys to see if some people have any big issues.

But like i said, I would recommend you to take the latest SNAPSHOP.

Cheers!

Thanks a lot man. I will get the snapshot then CM11 then.
Can you please tell me what stuffs do i wipe from twrp recovery manager? there are many stuffs to remove.
And as i already have a cm10.2 stable installed can i install the cm11 snapshot without wiping anything?
1st February 2014, 02:23 PM |#6  
Robban's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_core

Thanks a lot man. I will get the snapshot then CM11 then.
Can you please tell me what stuffs do i wipe from twrp recovery manager? there are many stuffs to remove.
And as i already have a cm10.2 stable installed can i install the cm11 snapshot without wiping anything?


I would recommend, take advance wipe in twrp and check: Dalvik Cache + System + Data + Cache and you will be fine!

Much better to be on the safe side and do a real cleaning before flashing a ROM.
1st February 2014, 02:24 PM |#7  
OP Senior Member
Flag Dhaka
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Thanks! Will download the rom and flash it now. Hope everything goes well
1st February 2014, 02:30 PM |#8  
Robban's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_core

Thanks! Will download the rom and flash it now. Hope everything goes well



Your welcome! Happy flashing!
The Following User Says Thank You to Robban For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes