Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,397 Members 48,605 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] [q] htc one max (t6)

Tip us?

htct6
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default S-Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadPhoenix View Post
The fingerprint Scanner checks the bootloader status. If the status is Unlocked the Fingerprint Scanner is disabled. You can "Lock" your bootloader again but using my tool in Scotty1223's thread or following the step by step instructions. The Thread is in the General Section. Additionally, we do not user RevOne at all as it was designed for the HTC One. Granted the phone hardware is similar but some newer users may break something if we suggested using even 1 function of a tool for another phone. So I tend to avoid offering HTC One tools.

Hi DeadPhoenix.
Thanks for the info, I have read @scotty1223 's post. But its the S-On issue I cant get around. I just cant get it to S-off.

DeadPhoenix
Old
(Last edited by DeadPhoenix; 30th January 2014 at 09:46 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by htct6 View Post
Hi DeadPhoenix.
Thanks for the info, I have read @scotty1223 's post. But its the S-On issue I cant get around. I just cant get it to S-off.
You can't use HTCDev Token to unlock your kernel, Recovery and System paritions?

If you can't use HTCDev then you will need to use Rumrunner to achieve S-Off. Disable Firewall and Anti-Virus prior to running Rumrunner as indicated in the instructions for Rumrunner.
Cell:
Phone: HTC One Max (Verizon)
S-Off: Rumrunner Verizon
Rom: Stock
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet: Nexus 10 16GB Wi-Fi
Memory: 16GB Internal
Rom: Paranoid Android
Recovery: CWM

Retired Devices:
iPhone 5 16GB Black (Verizon) <- Verizon Motorola RAZR HD 16GB <- Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue 16GB <- Verizon Galaxy Nexus

mini88448
Old
(Last edited by mini88448; 30th January 2014 at 09:38 PM.) Reason: More Info
Thanks Meter 9
Quote:
You can't use HTCDev Token to unlock your kernel, Recovery and System paritions?

If you can't user HTCDev then you will need to use Rumrunner to achieve S-Off. Disable Firewall and Anti-Virus prior to running Rumrunner as indicated in the instructions for Rumrunner.
Hi DeadPhoenix I'm just asking what is the difference between unsecure kernel and insecure kernel because I cant seem to s-off my 8088 (t6tl) with rumrunner too.
My Rom is JSS15J <--- Stock rom
Rooted
Cant s-off

DeadPhoenix
Old
(Last edited by DeadPhoenix; 30th January 2014 at 09:49 PM.)
Thanks Meter 102

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mini88448 View Post
Hi DeadPhoenix I'm just asking what is the difference between unsecure kernel and insecure kernel because I cant seem to s-off my 8088 (t6tl) with rumrunner too.
As far as I know the term is the only difference. Insecure and unsecure are synonymous (as far as I know). We do know from Beanups that the hboot version is not a factor when S-OFF'ing using Rumrunner.

In most cases the reason most Rumrunner S-Off processes fail are due to one of the following:

User error in following the very specific Rumrunner directions.

Windows

HTC drivers installed and working – fastboot AND adb drivers
HTC sync removed (not closed – REMOVED)
All other phone software removed or disabled (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
VM’s are unsupported.
ALL firewalls and internet security applications should be totally disabled. If you get stuck with rows and rows of dots during the connection test process, it’s network filtering or other network issue!
A working internet connection
USB debugging enabled on your device
Fast boot disabled on your device (settings -> battery -> UNcheck “fast boot”)
Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked or rooted unless using rumrunner with a device blocked by htcdev (e.g. m7wlv)

Instructions
Once you confirm you meet the above pre-requisites, it’s time to get started.

Read all of the directions on this page before proceeding to the downloads page.
Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.
USB 2.0 ports are preferred.
USB 3.0 ports are known to cause connectivity problems
You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issues
Use the original HTC USB cable or a cable that you know to work with adb and fastboot on this device

Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.
no passcode lock
no pattern lock
no face lock

Be sure to disable any Firewall or Anti-Virus applicatoins for the during of the Rumrunner process.
Cell:
Phone: HTC One Max (Verizon)
S-Off: Rumrunner Verizon
Rom: Stock
Recovery: TWRP

Tablet: Nexus 10 16GB Wi-Fi
Memory: 16GB Internal
Rom: Paranoid Android
Recovery: CWM

Retired Devices:
iPhone 5 16GB Black (Verizon) <- Verizon Motorola RAZR HD 16GB <- Verizon Samsung Galaxy SIII Pebble Blue 16GB <- Verizon Galaxy Nexus

lssong99
Old
Thanks Meter 42
Quote:
As far as I know the term is the only difference. Insecure and unsecure are synonymous (as far as I know). We do know from Beanups that the hboot version is not a factor when S-OFF'ing using Rumrunner.

In most cases the reason most Rumrunner S-Off processes fail are due to one of the following:

User error in following the very specific Rumrunner directions.

Windows

HTC drivers installed and working – fastboot AND adb drivers
HTC sync removed (not closed – REMOVED)
All other phone software removed or disabled (Samsung Kies, PDANet, etc.)
VM’s are unsupported.
ALL firewalls and internet security applications should be totally disabled. If you get stuck with rows and rows of dots during the connection test process, it’s network filtering or other network issue!
A working internet connection
USB debugging enabled on your device
Fast boot disabled on your device (settings -> battery -> UNcheck “fast boot”)
Your device must be HTCDEV unlocked or rooted unless using rumrunner with a device blocked by htcdev (e.g. m7wlv)

Instructions
Once you confirm you meet the above pre-requisites, it’s time to get started.

Read all of the directions on this page before proceeding to the downloads page.
Ensure device is booted to android with usb debugging enabled.
USB 2.0 ports are preferred.
USB 3.0 ports are known to cause connectivity problems
You should not be connected using any hubs which may cause connectivity issues
Use the original HTC USB cable or a cable that you know to work with adb and fastboot on this device

Ensure that lock screen security is disabled on your device.
no passcode lock
no pattern lock
no face lock

Be sure to disable any Firewall or Anti-Virus applicatoins for the during of the Rumrunner process.
I think the rumrunner (0.5) is not working on the most recent purchased One Max international version... I tried several times but rumrunner always doing the <pouring x...> until it finally gave up on around 10 times.... I didn't update with unsecured kernel since on the rumrunner's web site, they said it's not relevant anymore...

Any other suggestions here?

jaypeg123
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Firewater works on the latest hboot 2.47 google it, I dont want to make a thread about it, cos the devs maybe going to do it later. But I got s-off in 2 min.

Sent from my HTC One max using xda premium

htct6
Old
(Last edited by htct6; 1st February 2014 at 09:09 AM.) Reason: additional info
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default OMG !!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaypeg123 View Post
Firewater works on the latest hboot 2.47 google it, I dont want to make a thread about it, cos the devs maybe going to do it later. But I got s-off in 2 min.

Sent from my HTC One max using xda premium
OMG thank you soooo much I'm now finally S-off.

thanks Firewater devs and you @jaypeg123.

finally can get to work in locking my bootloader and getting my phone back to std

just followed @scotty1223 post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540004 and now finger print scanner back working again.

Thanks for everyones help

jaypeg123
Old
Thanks Meter 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by htct6 View Post
OMG thank you soooo much I'm now finally S-off.

thanks Firewater devs and you @jaypeg123.

finally can get to work in locking my bootloader and getting my phone back to std

just followed @scotty1223 post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2540004 and now finger print scanner back working again.

Thanks for everyones help
Good for you. I am glad. I have been struggling with this myself for about sex weeks now.

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 329
LOLZ
2 Verizon G3 io-rooted stock 2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Note 8.0 & 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11