Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[q] stuck in odin mode, help!

OP ruiz631

31st January 2014, 10:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
so i flashed my samsung galaxy s3 SGH-I747 with a wrong firmware, it might be bricked but im hoping its not.
After trying to flash with odin, it failed and not im stuck in the (press volume down, center key and power key) mode.
heres what is says from top to bottom:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWLOAND: YES )6 COUNTS)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
WARRANT BIT: 0
BOOTLOADER AP SWAEV: 2

FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES & TRY AGAIN

if i power off and power again with (press volume down, center key and power key) i get back to the same screen as above except i get the android guy icon and says download in progress.

tried kies but all versions say "not compatible"
tried recovery mode in kies but device doesn't show
tied to flash on odin with stock firmware but now odin doesn't recognize device. tired uninstalling and reinstalling samsung usb driver, different ports, restart laptop.

im at a lost now and need further guadiance
31st January 2014, 09:45 PM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2
 
19 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiz631

so i flashed my samsung galaxy s3 SGH-I747 with a wrong firmware, it might be bricked but im hoping its not.
After trying to flash with odin, it failed and not im stuck in the (press volume down, center key and power key) mode.
heres what is says from top to bottom:

ODIN MODE
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747
CUSTOM BINARY DOWLOAND: YES )6 COUNTS)
CURRENT BINARY: CUSTOM
SYSTEM STATUS: OFFICIAL
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
WARRANT BIT: 0
BOOTLOADER AP SWAEV: 2

FIRMWARE UPGRADE ENCOUNTERED AN ISSUE. PLEASE SELECT RECOVERY MODE IN KIES & TRY AGAIN

if i power off and power again with (press volume down, center key and power key) i get back to the same screen as above except i get the android guy icon and says download in progress.

tried kies but all versions say "not compatible"
tried recovery mode in kies but device doesn't show
tied to flash on odin with stock firmware but now odin doesn't recognize device. tired uninstalling and reinstalling samsung usb driver, different ports, restart laptop.

im at a lost now and need further guadiance

I was pretty much in the same boat yesterday. Then, as advised, I flashed ClockworkMod through ODIN. You can probably do the same and install a ROM from ClockworkMod.
The Following User Says Thank You to mr_legolas For This Useful Post: [ View ]
31st January 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #3  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,004
 
3,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
You could try flashing one of these ROMs in Odin: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2498233
The Following User Says Thank You to audit13 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
1st February 2014, 08:30 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
4 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
ClockworkMod
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_legolas

I was pretty much in the same boat yesterday. Then, as advised, I flashed ClockworkMod through ODIN. You can probably do the same and install a ROM from ClockworkMod.

NOOB here: is ClockworkMod a custom firmware flashed thru odin?
1st February 2014, 04:56 PM   |  #5  
audit13's Avatar
Senior Member
Toronto
Thanks Meter: 1,004
 
3,153 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ruiz631

NOOB here: is ClockworkMod a custom firmware flashed thru odin?

CWM (ClockworkMod) is a custom recovery that replaces the existing recovery on an Android phone.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes