Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,079 Members 51,172 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Encryption Help, Next Step?

Tip us?

BlazinThat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Default Encryption Help, Next Step?

So i picked up my old S2 yesterday because i was reading about android encryption and thought i could use that to my advantage, well that wasn't the case . I was running ReCaulked Jellybean when i started my encryption and when it turned on i couldn't get the keyboard to pop up so i couldnt enter the password. I used odin to flash back to el29 and got root then i re-flashed a different rom and once it loaded up i got the encryption password screen again, this time i could enter my password but for some reason it didn't work. Right now i flashed back to stock rooted el29 and wondering where i should go from here? Do flash a stock JB and try to remove encryption or should i flash another rom and see if it works?

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698

DONATE TO ME
I would Odin a stock ROM-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1903252 why are you trying to encrypt it? This is typically only done for business use.

BlazinThat
Old
(Last edited by BlazinThat; 31st January 2014 at 02:04 AM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
I would Odin a stock ROM-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1903252 why are you trying to encrypt it? This is typically only done for business use.

To make sure my pictures and texts are safe from police or theft. I do lots of business from my phone. Yes i know text dont get encrypted.

EDIT: so i cant get recovery to flash it gets hung up on odin.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinThat View Post
To make sure my pictures and texts are safe from police or theft. I do lots of business from my phone. Yes i know text dont get encrypted.

EDIT: so i cant get recovery to flash it gets hung up on odin.
Not flashable through recovery, via Download mode from a PC.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698

DONATE TO ME
Read the instructions here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191954

BlazinThat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan View Post
Not flashable through recovery, via Download mode from a PC.

Yeah i know, thats what i was doing. Odin pc, was trying to use one click for recovery after i flashed the rom.

bilgerryan
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 24698

DONATE TO ME
Use Mobile Odin and the .tar file here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2244781 if you're using GB27 that is

BlazinThat
Old
(Last edited by BlazinThat; 31st January 2014 at 03:06 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
so el29 works no encryption, gb27 the link you gave me works no encryption, but gb27 recalked jb bring up encryption. for some reason i cant get the encryption gone even after data factory reset.

EDIT: Anything stock works just fine, anything not stock pulls up the encryption.

BlazinThat
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 297
Alright I finally broke the encryption, I had to load up a stock /rooted gb27 and recovery kernel. I loaded up recovery and turned USB mass storage on, from there on my Pc I could see the drive was still encrypted by the jumped of letters and signs for the drive name. I renamed the drive to F and then formated twice from my pc, then I Odin back to el29 and flashed gb27 recaulked and everything works fine now, nothing on the device or computer show anything encrypted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to BlazinThat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]