Updated Android Lollipop Preview Images – XDA TV

The Android Lollipop Preview Images are now available! That and much more news is … more

Get a Complete Set of Logs with Andy Log

The importance of proper logging is undeniable. No, we’re not talking about lumberjack work. … more

Try Some Android Lollipop Applications on Your Device

Android 5.0 Lollipop has been officially announced and lucky users of Google Nexus 5 … more

AutoCon Manages Your Connections to Perserve Battery Life

As we’ve talked about in the past, battery life is still somewhat of a sore … more

Encryption Help, Next Step?

OP BlazinThat

31st January 2014, 12:47 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rocky Mountain High
Thanks Meter: 297

871 posts
More
So i picked up my old S2 yesterday because i was reading about android encryption and thought i could use that to my advantage, well that wasn't the case . I was running ReCaulked Jellybean when i started my encryption and when it turned on i couldn't get the keyboard to pop up so i couldnt enter the password. I used odin to flash back to el29 and got root then i re-flashed a different rom and once it loaded up i got the encryption password screen again, this time i could enter my password but for some reason it didn't work. Right now i flashed back to stock rooted el29 and wondering where i should go from here? Do flash a stock JB and try to remove encryption or should i flash another rom and see if it works?
31st January 2014, 01:13 AM   |  #2  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN
Thanks Meter: 28,101

15,422 posts
Donate to Me
More
I would Odin a stock ROM-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1903252 why are you trying to encrypt it? This is typically only done for business use.

31st January 2014, 01:15 AM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rocky Mountain High

871 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

I would Odin a stock ROM-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1903252 why are you trying to encrypt it? This is typically only done for business use.

To make sure my pictures and texts are safe from police or theft. I do lots of business from my phone. Yes i know text dont get encrypted.

EDIT: so i cant get recovery to flash it gets hung up on odin.
Last edited by BlazinThat; 31st January 2014 at 02:04 AM.
31st January 2014, 02:11 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

15,422 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlazinThat

To make sure my pictures and texts are safe from police or theft. I do lots of business from my phone. Yes i know text dont get encrypted.

EDIT: so i cant get recovery to flash it gets hung up on odin.

Not flashable through recovery, via Download mode from a PC.

31st January 2014, 02:13 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

15,422 posts
Donate to Me
More
Read the instructions here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2191954

31st January 2014, 02:17 AM   |  #6  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rocky Mountain High

871 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bilgerryan

Not flashable through recovery, via Download mode from a PC.

Yeah i know, thats what i was doing. Odin pc, was trying to use one click for recovery after i flashed the rom.
31st January 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #7  
Recognized Developer
Flag Garrett, IN

15,422 posts
Donate to Me
More
Use Mobile Odin and the .tar file here-http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2244781 if you're using GB27 that is

31st January 2014, 05:00 AM   |  #8  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rocky Mountain High

871 posts
More
so el29 works no encryption, gb27 the link you gave me works no encryption, but gb27 recalked jb bring up encryption. for some reason i cant get the encryption gone even after data factory reset.

EDIT: Anything stock works just fine, anything not stock pulls up the encryption.
Last edited by BlazinThat; 31st January 2014 at 03:06 PM.
1st February 2014, 04:05 PM   |  #9  
OP Senior Member
Flag Rocky Mountain High

871 posts
More
Alright I finally broke the encryption, I had to load up a stock /rooted gb27 and recovery kernel. I loaded up recovery and turned USB mass storage on, from there on my Pc I could see the drive was still encrypted by the jumped of letters and signs for the drive name. I renamed the drive to F and then formated twice from my pc, then I Odin back to el29 and flashed gb27 recaulked and everything works fine now, nothing on the device or computer show anything encrypted.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

The Following User Says Thank You to BlazinThat For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread