Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,757 Members 48,397 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Q Remote problem

Tip us?

Canadoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Default Q Remote problem

I remember being on the stock Rom and the remote app having the ability to control a TV and a cable box. I since went to Mahdi Rom and missed some of the stock functionality including the remote.

I opted to flash a custom Rom based on the stock lg rom LRS pad. S far it seems great with none of the lag of stock. I went to setup the remote and see. now I only have the option to choose TV blue ray or DVD player but no cable box choice. Anyone else notice this? Anyway to change that?

Also I don't recall but is there no Mic speech to text option on the stock keyboard? I really like it otherwise.

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Master SURGE
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
I remember being on the stock Rom and the remote app having the ability to control a TV and a cable box. I since went to Mahdi Rom and missed some of the stock functionality including the remote.

I opted to flash a custom Rom based on the stock lg rom LRS pad. S far it seems great with none of the lag of stock. I went to setup the remote and see. now I only have the option to choose TV blue ray or DVD player but no cable box choice. Anyone else notice this? Anyway to change that?

Also I don't recall but is there no Mic speech to text option on the stock keyboard? I really like it otherwise.

there seems to be two versions of the q remote , depending on the region the stock rom was meant for. in mycase i have the one that comes with tv,dvd,bluray player... no cable box . i suppose you best bet is to download a rom that has the other version of qremote , extract it then inject it in your tablet , unless u can find that version of the apk floating around.

concerning the stock keyboard , the text to speech is right there ,to the left of the spacebar

Canadoc
Old
(Last edited by Canadoc; 31st January 2014 at 07:19 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master SURGE View Post
there seems to be two versions of the q remote , depending on the region the stock rom was meant for. in mycase i have the one that comes with tv,dvd,bluray player... no cable box . i suppose you best bet is to download a rom that has the other version of qremote , extract it then inject it in your tablet , unless u can find that version of the apk floating around.

concerning the stock keyboard , the text to speech is right there ,to the left of the spacebar
I was thinking maybe the build.prop file if UK vs US would cause Qremote to show a different set of devices etc. Guess not. I have the original nandroid backup of the device can I just extract the qremote app and odex file and copy it over?

As for the keyboard, in this ROM left of space bar I have the forward slash or the settings gear. No option for voice typing even though it is enabled in setings

Master SURGE
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadoc View Post
I was thinking maybe the build.prop file if UK vs US would cause Qremote to show a different set of devices etc. Guess not. I have the original nandroid backup of the device can I just extract the qremote app and odex file and copy it over?

As for the keyboard, in this ROM left of space bar I have the forward slash or the settings gear. No option for voice typing even though it is enabled in setings
titanium backup should handle this . although i wonder if a conflict could occur, so make a backup of the quick remote you already have, just in case.

for the keyboard ,if i keep pressing on the gears menu button,it switches to speech 2text. if it is no there , i wonder if it is the same lg keyboard app that is used in you current rom

Canadoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Titanium backup won't help as I don't have it for my original stock rom. I have a nandroid backup which I tried extracting the appropriate files but they did not work.

As for the keyboard. I know where the microphone should be but long pressing does not provide the option. I came from Mahdi Rom but did a full wipe prior.....

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk

Canadoc
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 99
Weird. After the battery drained to zero I charged the tablet to full from power off. Now keyboard has the Mic option on it.

So if anyone has a flashable remote app for north America I would be great ful