5,606,779 Members 38,047 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Question: update to 4.3 and keep root is possible?

Tip us?

Patrol619
Old
Thanks Meter 240
I rooted old firmware by DooMLorD easy tool kit, then received OTA update to the newest version (.254), updated it and root access was still there, so you doesn't lose root when updating via OTA (in most cases). As for 4.3 I don't know, we will see.

Xperia SP@Tapatalk 2
Nokia 3510i --> Sony Ericsson K300i --> Sony Ericsson W200i --> Sony Ericsson W610i --> LG KU990i Viewty --> Sony Ericsson Xperia X8 --> Sony Ericsson Live with Walkman --> Sony Xperia sola --> Sony Xperia SP

samsonslatebook
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekcal View Post
May be doomlord will release the root method for the official 4.3 when it will get released

Sent from my C5302 using Tapatalk
According to budyz on the first posts of this thread, the only way to keep root will be to flash the official 4.3 rom. Because DoomLord found an exploit on the old jb 4.1 firmware. It will be perfect but really surprising if he find a new exploit in the 4.3, plus it will take more time.

Envoyé de mon HP SlateBook 10 x2 PC en utilisant Tapatalk

PNuT.
Old
Thanks Meter 52
assuming you have working recovery on your 4.1 rom then flash the 4.3 rom ftf excluding kernel then boot into the recovery flash the supersu zip & then back to flashtool to flash the kernel only.....
Tags
keep root, update 4.3, xperia sp