Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,771,878 Members 37,093 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Overclocking Nexus 10's Memory

Tip us?

michaelearth
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 9
Default Overclocking Nexus 10's Memory

I remember back when I had a Galaxy Nexus that it was possible to not only overclock it's CPU and GPU but also its memory. Now this got me thinking that since the Nexus 10 has a less than ideal amount of memory due to it's high screen resolution, maybe overclocking its memory might help performance and multitasking.

Now the question is.... is this possible to do?

3DSammy
Old
Thanks Meter 303
If I can remember correctly some of the custom kernels have memory controls. KTmanta comes to mind. I think you may need the kernels control app to get at those settings. Also I'm using Tempest ROM an OMNI ROM variant and it includes numerous memory settings which may be what you are looking for.
You would need to enable developer mode then Settings->Performance, settings select "tabbed mode" then select the "memory" tab.

I've never messed with those settings myself but they are there for your amusement.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app
Google Nexus 5 & 10: [4.4.4] rooted Stock, Franco kernel (on N5, on N10), TWRP, Xposed, GravityBox, SuperSU Pro and ViPER4Android Audio Effects FX
The Following User Says Thank You to 3DSammy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

demkantor
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2674
Maybe try this
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1719934
But of course depends on what kernel you are running, haven't used it on my n10 but works amazing on most my other devices

Sent from my Nexus 7 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to demkantor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

capnkrunch
Old
(Last edited by capnkrunch; 1st February 2014 at 06:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 3
KT has memory frequency exposed and I think that is the only one. That being said, no matter what settings I try on KT, Trinity 10 outbenchmarks it with mostly stock settings. That suggests to me you should probably look for a different way to improve your RAM performance, i.e. minfree values.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using XDA Premium HD app