[Q] Help - Clarification on [How To's]
I finally have decided to try and unlock, root and install custom ROM to my TF300T. It's lagging a lot and I am going crazy over it.
I am not new to rooting and flashing roms, I have done the same numerous times to my beloved GNex and a couple of other mobile phones I owned before. Having said that, I have only followed the tutorial to flash. So, not a total newbie but sort of.
I am trying to make this tablet more usable (my usage is is restricted to browsing, streaming sports/movies and a few games). The more I read the more I am getting confused. I just would like a clean ROM which doesn't lag and hopefully a method that has lesser possibility of Bricking.
I am on the latest firmware from Asus (But, It did come with ICS if I remember correctly before I updated to 4.2.1). I know when I updated it came with new BL so, using custom recovery/roms designed for 4.1.x is not an option (please correct me if I am wrong). I intend to follow these steps -
Please point me in right direction/correct the steps/suggest better steps where ever needed. I just want to know if I am on the right path so far.
1. Unlock BL with latest Unlock tool from Asus website.
2. with [UNLOCKED BL], install 18.104.22.168 TWRP &SuperSU ( will follow - [GUIDE][13/11]Update/Recovery/Root/Downgrade Android 4.2.1 on Unlocked/Locked Devices ) - OR should I install 'openrecovery-twrp-22.214.171.124-tf300t-4.2.img' from TWRP site?
3. Once #1 & #2 are complete, I can choose a Custom Rom and flash. Anything else to be wary about?
1. Should I use 'Flatline - Unbrickable Transformer TF300T - Jellybean edition'?
2. I do not have much data and I can download the apps again if needed. So, Is Nandroid backup/Backup with Titanium necessary? (for recovery of the system/ROM - I do not care about the apps/user data at this point)
3. Can someone suggest what they think is a better combination of ROM+Kernel? From a post I see the following ROMS I can choose from
joelalmeidaptg's post :
Here you have a list of ROMs that are compatible with the new bootloader and are safe to flash once you are on 4.2.1 firmware:
CleanROM Inheritance Xenogenesis from sbdags
Energy™ from NRGZ28
GRIMLOCK from hardslog
CyanogenMod 10.1 Unofficial from pcoussa
ROM-THEME- STOCK KERNEL Stock Asus Firmware 10.6.1.15.3 from surdu_petru
Thanks in advance.