Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,661 Members 44,707 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is it just me or...

Tip us?

Funkym0nkey
Old
(Last edited by Funkym0nkey; 1st February 2014 at 07:47 PM.)
Thanks Meter 278
Default Is it just me or...

Quote:
Originally Posted by zathus View Post
Well, I can only speak for the vs980. If it works great for your version so be it, but for me there are pretty unstable. There like 10 vz 4.4 Roms all pulling from the same broken source, all claiming to be the best..all with the same issues.

And this is the g2 forums, not the n5. For the g2, stock is better, faster and more optimized.

Even if it wasn't, not having my phone randomly reboot ever on stock is enough for me

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I replied to you because you asked what is faster than instant. If you read my original post, I did say the stock rom is fast. But not as fast and smooth as nexus or g2 with PA. Smoothness has to do with more than speed. Animation speed, effects, input lag all factor in. And for D800 PA is faster, better and smoother ROM than stock for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
http://gadgetop.com
Current Phones in use
LG G3 Incoming
Huawei Ascend Mate2 LTE.
2x HTC One M8 Google Play Edition. Silver.
Motorola Moto X
iPhone 5S Space Grey
Recently Retired Devices : Nexus 5 32GB panther, Oppo Find 5, Sony Xperia Z1 Compact, Optimus G2 D800, Optimus G Pro E980, Galaxy Note 3, HTC ONE Dev Edition, Samsung Galaxy S4 (Octa), Google Nexus 4

dannejanne
Old
(Last edited by dannejanne; 1st February 2014 at 08:17 PM.)
Thanks Meter 342
Stock is NOT as fast and optimized as pure Vanilla is on the G2. The difference is pretty big in favour of Vanilla. Try playing the Final Fantasy 6 remake on stock G2. Framerate from hell and random reboots all over the place. On Vanilla it runs pretty much perfect on the G2.

However stock has its very strong points featurewise that you have to give up when going Vanilla.

I agree with OP though. Today's new phones give us less and less reasons to flash custom ROM's except perhaps overbloated carrier specific variants. I bought a Sony Z Ultra the other day too and I will keep that pure stock definitely. Sony's UI on the other hand is very optimized and not very far from Vanilla in smoothness so I'm pretty impressed by that. Sony also have a very beatiful UI across system & apps which I unfortunately can't say for the G2. It's a mixed bag of OK design and pure crap ala Touchwiz design. But featurewise it's awesome and has more features than the Z Ultra.