Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,304 Members 41,077 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

TWRP fails to flash rom

Tip us?

in_core
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by symphonic-volenska View Post
Do you have any experience with ADB? As Votinh brought up, you can push the new recovery image over through the shell on the computer. There's tutorials for pushing a recovery through ADB on here somewhere also.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
I used the adb when I first installed the custom recovery. I followed forum instructions/you tube video to do that. They require the phone to be in a working state. But as my phone now can only go to the currently installed recovery (TWRP). I am not sure how to do anything that needs to be done.
Please help me

in_core
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
How do I copy files to my internal storage when my phone is stuck in recovery mode? When i connect my phone to PC the PC does not recognize it.
So how can i copy any files either a new custom recovery or an older rom?

rawb123456
Old
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_core View Post
How do I copy files to my internal storage when my phone is stuck in recovery mode? When i connect my phone to PC the PC does not recognize it.
So how can i copy any files either a new custom recovery or an older rom?
uninstall lg drivers and download and install PdaNet to your pc and install the drivers for an android device when it asks.

now plug in your phone and pdanet will install the drivers and you will then you should be able to access your phone via adb

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

this happend to me with the OTA, even after flashing a stock rom i was still stuck unitl i followed these instructions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
The Following User Says Thank You to rawb123456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

in_core
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawb123456 View Post
uninstall lg drivers and download and install PdaNet to your pc and install the drivers for an android device when it asks.

now plug in your phone and pdanet will install the drivers and you will then you should be able to access your phone via adb

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

this happend to me with the OTA, even after flashing a stock rom i was still stuck unitl i followed these instructions
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2451696
Ok i have managed to do the stuffs and can now copy files to my phone. My installed TWRP version is 2.3.6.2. I downloaded the 2.3.6.3 and tried installing it from recovery but it shows some error. Could anyone give me a file of recovery that can be used? either TWRP or CWM.
Thank you

hellot1M
Old
Thanks Meter 329
You don't have to flash a new recovery with adb. Just find the image file for your phone then download an app called flashify. It takes less than a sec to flash then your done.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 05:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:30 PM ----------

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2469995

in_core
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellot1M View Post
You don't have to flash a new recovery with adb. Just find the image file for your phone then download an app called flashify. It takes less than a sec to flash then your done.

I have somehow managed to brick my phone.
I made a separate thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2632892

Please look into it and share your thoughts about what to do.
Thank You