XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Some Questions...

Tip us?

Hondrongo
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 10
Default [Q] Some Questions...

Let me start out by saying that I do try and search for my answer. I don't like to start anything before I am 100% confident. I have rooted for a while, but always followed detailed tutorials. I have model number SM-N900T, android version 4.3, Build number ends in MI7.

I keep seeing something about a reactivation lock that is supposed to be under the security part of settings. I do not see one? Am I missing something?

I do not care about KNOX tripping and warranty issues and am going to install TWRP so I can install a ROM. Do I need to root first, or just install the recovery, as the ROM I am looking at says it is pre-rooted?

If the ROM is 4.4.2 do I need to do some update before installing the ROM or will installing the ROM automatically upgrade my android version?

Most of the ROMS I see say 9005? Will these work on my phone?

Thanks for any replies everyone, I'm just paranoid about messing something up.

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hondrongo View Post
Let me start out by saying that I do try and search for my answer. I don't like to start anything before I am 100% confident. I have rooted for a while, but always followed detailed tutorials. I have model number SM-N900T, android version 4.3, Build number ends in MI7.

I keep seeing something about a reactivation lock that is supposed to be under the security part of settings. I do not see one? Am I missing something?

I do not care about KNOX tripping and warranty issues and am going to install TWRP so I can install a ROM. Do I need to root first, or just install the recovery, as the ROM I am looking at says it is pre-rooted?

If the ROM is 4.4.2 do I need to do some update before installing the ROM or will installing the ROM automatically upgrade my android version?

Most of the ROMS I see say 9005? Will these work on my phone?

Thanks for any replies everyone, I'm just paranoid about messing something up.

You are in the wrong forum!

You probably want to look at:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/note-3-tmobile

(but MI7 might probably be a good thing since with a little care you can keep your knox warranty, however please read in that forum for specifics since there might be certain important differences).
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7