No registration required

[Q] Soft Bricked LG G2, what do I do?

OP westerndragon

2nd February 2014, 12:15 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Howdy.

I royally screwed up somehow and my G2 on Sprint is now soft bricked.

So here's what happened: I had been running an unofficial CM 10.2 ROM on my phone and I saw that the official nightlies were available and apparently pretty stable, so I decided to try that out. I backed up what I need and went into TWRP to wipe system and I flashed the original G2 ROM so that I could update PRL before I dove into CM 11. Well, when it booted into the stock ROM, it started to download a new update which I couldn't stop and it rebooted to install it. I figured there was no harm in that, but it turns out there was because it would not install and it was stuck at 0% for a good hour, so I decided to force it to shut down, wipe the system and re-flash the unofficial CM, but it wouldn't boot.

Everything I tried only went straight into TWRP and I have become stuck there. Well, I did the stupid thing and I advanced wiped my system and cleared the internal storage as well because I thought that might help. Now I have no backup, but it charges through the usb cable and I can ADB push files for installation. So far, all of my efforts to install and boot a ROM have not worked and I am currently in a state of TWRP limbo and can't get out.

Any suggestions as to what I can do? Thanks.
Last edited by westerndragon; 2nd February 2014 at 02:58 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread