XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Z1s YouTube issues, anyone?

Tip us?

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 303
Default Z1s YouTube issues, anyone?

I just recently got my xperia Z1s and it's also my first Sony phone period. I'm really enjoying it but all of a sudden my YouTube videos play about half way through then stop and go back to the beginning again? It never makes it past that half point. I've only noticed this with YouTube so it could be an app issue, vevo plays fine, but idk cause YouTube was working fine until yesterday and today as well. My other devices are playing videos from YouTube fine so I'm puzzled as to wether this is an app problem specific to the Z1s or if it's my phone itself maybe?? I don't have too much longer to make a return. If anyone has this issue as well please let me know, or any suggestions? I already tried clearing cache and data as well. That's about all I can do since I'm not rooted of course.

Sent from my C6916 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Ibkevin For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

feddexx69
Old
Thanks Meter 6
I open a thread about this since 4.3 rollout but no one cared/had this issue..I cant skip to an unloaded part of the video, only way to do this is restoring to factory version on YouTube

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app

fatannasty
Old
Thanks Meter 13
I just tried it...and mine is works fine

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by feddexx69 View Post
I open a thread about this since 4.3 rollout but no one cared/had this issue..I cant skip to an unloaded part of the video, only way to do this is restoring to factory version on YouTube

Sent from my C6906 using xda app-developers app
So you wouldn't say it's a problem with the phone itself then Right? Most likely just YouTube or some weird YouTube bug?

feddexx69
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ibkevin View Post
So you wouldn't say it's a problem with the phone itself then Right? Most likely just YouTube or some weird YouTube bug?

I hope its the youtube app, since I noticed the issue there's been like 4 updates but bug still there, my other devices have no problems. Also worth noting that in-app players (for example when I open a vid in flipboard or pocket) don't suffer from this

Sent from my SGP311 using xda app-developers app

djg269
Old
Thanks Meter 35
Its the youtube app.
Read the comments about the app...https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....youtube&hl=nl

I reverted back to the old ap by removing the updates in "apps" and the problem is gone.
Groeten Dirk

Unlocked & Rooted Xperia Z1
The Following User Says Thank You to djg269 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

-Happy Feet-
Old
Thanks Meter 101

DONATE TO ME
I have the same issue. I try to reverted back to the old one

Gesendet von meinem C6903 mit Tapatalk
Device: Sony Xperia Z1 with iHackers 3.0 ROM

my private Blog http://smartdroidblog.de

Join the HTC One X Community on Google Plus https://plus.google.com/u/0/communit...24804552147334

Ibkevin
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 303
Reverting back to the old one does work, but still it kind of grinds my gears America! Lol. We should be able to use the latest version of YouTube on a high end phone like this. YouTube needs to fix this ASAP.