Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Google Now thinks my home is in London?

OP DazzaBrahh

17th January 2014, 02:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
TL/DR: Saying "Navigate home" in Google now used to send me to my correct address now it sends me to "The Penthouse London, 1 Leicester Square, London."

Just this month I started getting this incorrect location, searched the web and apparently another few Aussies get the same thing, same address only he was getting it on his Nexus 5 kitkat. I can't find a solution to this problem and I'm starting to think it's Google's fault and I can't do anything about it. Any ideas?
17th January 2014, 03:55 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1,645

5,481 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaBrahh

TL/DR: Saying "Navigate home" in Google now used to send me to my correct address now it sends me to "The Penthouse London, 1 Leicester Square, London."

Just this month I started getting this incorrect location, searched the web and apparently another few Aussies get the same thing, same address only he was getting it on his Nexus 5 kitkat. I can't find a solution to this problem and I'm starting to think it's Google's fault and I can't do anything about it. Any ideas?

try this go to setting ,accounts,google ,location and change
might work
2nd February 2014, 12:39 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

26 posts
Fixed
I think I've got it. I had a reminder set to that location when I voiced "remind me to _____ when I get home" Which somehow at the time was bugged and sent it to London.
Swipe to Google now and click on reminder the finger with the string around it and edit the location to your home address. Not sure if everyone will get this but Google Now force closes and you will get the "Google now has stopped responding" notification. But now your address will be reverted back to normal. Hope this helps someone, I don't have an account to that other website that people seem to have a problem with.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread