Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,048 Members 46,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] format() expects 5 args, got 4

Tip us?

murky2006
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] format() expects 5 args, got 4

I'm currently S-OFF, on 3.04.615.2 rooted, with SuperCID and an unlocked bootloader and PhilZ Recovery 6.10.2. I'm trying to flash EclipticONE per the post here from recovery. I followed the wipe directions as clarified here and I get the error when installing from zip:
Code:
format() expects 5 args, got 4
E:Error in /data/media/0/EclipticONE-SPCS-Inverted-1.5.zip
(Status 7)
Installation aborted
press any key to continue.
So, thinking I'm a moron and missing something, because I've flashed Samsung devices before but never HTC and never KitKat, I went back and tried the EclipticOne Stock KitKat file. Got the same error. I can restore my backup and get back to a working stock ROM, but I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong here and any insight would be appreciated!

tdhite
Old
Thanks Meter 1891

DONATE TO ME
That's an issue with some ROMs with newer recoveries and noted in the PhilZ FAQ in its main page.

We fixed the v1.2 EclipticONE install so it now works with all recoveries. If you need, I can work with the ROM author to fix their installer.
The Following User Says Thank You to tdhite For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

murky2006
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I got that one and installed it no problem. I also updated PhilZ Touch since I noticed there was a newer version of it. Thanks for the help!