I would try the following
Originally Posted by thakrew317
Trying too install safestrap to my Buddy's phone and get him rooted nball that jazz but kingo keeps saying root failed and safestrap or w.e won't even work cause I guess its not rooted he's on the mje model number I'm stumped on what to do I tried doing the Odin root method but I can't even unzip the file...I downloaded it on my phone and transferd to my comp that's setup for all this...I'm guessing it got corrupted. Idk
Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
1) Reset the phone completely after you back up all your stuff. Go back to stock/factory reset. You always want to start with a clean slate.
2) Do the Verizon over the air update if there is one to get the MJE build if you don't have it already.
My phone wouldn't do the MJE update from Verizon so I found it on the internet and Odin'ed it on it. If you have it already you still might want to try finding it online and installing via odin so you know you have the correct build.
3) Download, and install Kingo root - this might take a few tries - I had to try twice until the root stuck
4) Once you are rooted go an install safestrap like any other app make sure that you are allowing off market apps so it installs
5) Once you have safestrap and the recovery go and install whatever rom you want - enjoy
Good luck with that
I flash so many roms that my phone thinks I am an exhibitionist !
If you like what I say hit the thanks button