5,596,568 Members 41,842 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Is my phone bricked?

Tip us?

haleyrt
Old
(Last edited by haleyrt; 1st February 2014 at 08:47 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Is my phone bricked?

Wondering if I need to send my DNA in for a jtag hard brick. I was using my phone last night through some speakers while charging it. Phone worked fine for at least 3 hours. When I was done I powered on my screen to turn off the music then powered off the screen again. After that the phone wouldn't boot.
Phone has done this to me in the past, usually just had to hold power button for a bit and lights would flash and all would be good. Nothing this time around with volume buttons and power held multiple times. Seems strange it would brick while I was just listening to music. another note is I did lose 4g capabilities about a week ago. I hadn't gotten around to wiping to see if that fixed it.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!

Edit: My phone is rooted and was running cyanogen mod 10.2 stable release

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyrt View Post
Wondering if I need to send my DNA in for a jtag hard brick. I was using my phone last night through some speakers while charging it. Phone worked fine for at least 3 hours. When I was done I powered on my screen to turn off the music then powered off the screen again. After that the phone wouldn't boot.
Phone has done this to me in the past, usually just had to hold power button for a bit and lights would flash and all would be good. Nothing this time around with volume buttons and power held multiple times. Seems strange it would brick while I was just listening to music. another note is I did lose 4g capabilities about a week ago. I hadn't gotten around to wiping to see if that fixed it.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thanks!
Have you left your phone charging for a complete 24hours then powering it on. I've seen where that works.

Also you could also just get a replacement

haleyrt
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by thayl0 View Post
Have you left your phone charging for a complete 24hours then powering it on. I've seen where that works.

Also you could also just get a replacement
That will be my next step, the phone was fully charged before right before it did this. I suppose I did forget to mention that my phone is rooted and has cyanogen mod 10.2 running on it.

thayl0
Old
Thanks Meter 69

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by haleyrt View Post
That will be my next step, the phone was fully charged before right before it did this. I suppose I did forget to mention that my phone is rooted and has cyanogen mod 10.2 running on it.
You still can get a replacement. If the phone doesn't cut on then your provider will give u a new one.