Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Can the Google Play Edition S4 run Touchwiz Based Roms?

OP tanner4137

1st February 2014, 08:17 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Texas
Thanks Meter: 115

688 posts
More
Hello!

I am in need of a bit of help, after searching through the forums I haven't been able to find a definite answer. I recently purchased a Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4. What I know is that it isn't using a Samsung bootloader, but in fact a Google one you would find on say, the Nexus 4. This has led me to wonder if this means I can't flash Touchwiz based ROMs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
2nd February 2014, 02:53 AM   |  #2  
Brooklyn, NY
Thanks Meter: 151

818 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner4137

Hello!

I am in need of a bit of help, after searching through the forums I haven't been able to find a definite answer. I recently purchased a Google Play Edition of the Galaxy S4. What I know is that it isn't using a Samsung bootloader, but in fact a Google one you would find on say, the Nexus 4. This has led me to wonder if this means I can't flash Touchwiz based ROMs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

i dont see why not, my att s4 can run 9505 roms, aosp roms and google play edition roms
2nd February 2014, 03:27 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 642

1,284 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanner4137

Hello!

You can, you will just need to flash a Touchwiz kernel.
The Following User Says Thank You to DeadlySin9 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread