XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Accidentally deleted my kindle fire OS

Tip us?

june726
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Accidentally deleted my kindle fire OS

Hi, i accidentally deleted everything, including my OS while trying to restore my kindle to its original state. Your help would be appreciated!

-its stuck in the KF logo (white and orange, meaning original bootloader)
-I cannot access TWRP
-when i try to use KFU, it says ADB status: online ; boot status : unknown
-when i try to install TWRP via KFU, it gets stuck in " waiting for device" ( i guess i cant go into fastboot mode)
-i'm not accessible to a factory cable because im not from the us

Help me please

Thank you!

Phil700
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Battery Low I did something very similar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by june726 View Post
Hi, i accidentally deleted everything, including my OS while trying to restore my kindle to its original state. Your help would be appreciated!

-I cannot access TWRP
-when i try to install TWRP via KFU, it gets stuck in " waiting for device" ( i guess i cant go into fastboot mode)

Help me please

Thank you!
I am having a similar issue like yours. Yesterday I tried downloading Jellybean onto my Kindle. I did all of the precautions, TWRP, KFU, etc.
And right as I thought I was done, boom, I get stuck in an infinite re boot. Every time it finally boots up it says android.process.phone for not even a full second and immediately reboots. I am not the smartest, but if someone could walk us through a way to restore our kindles or fix the problem. I would be most gracious! I am not sure what the ADB is as well. Is that what I am missing?

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:

-I cannot access TWRP

Help me please

Thank you!

Have you guys checked this out???

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1428428

My Currently Supported ROMS
Current Devices
TF700T: Running CROMBi-kk4.4.2
TF300T: Running CMB4.4.2
M7_VZW: Running CMB4.4.2
MANTA: Rooted Stock (4 now)
OTTER: Running CMB4.4.2

june726
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by lj50036 View Post
Yes, i've tried downloading that. But i can't seem to run it correctly. When i open it, it just opens a command promt and then closes immediately.

lj50036
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 798

DONATE TO ME
Default SDK

Quote:
Yes, i've tried downloading that. But i can't seem to run it correctly. When i open it, it just opens a command promt and then closes immediately.
OK well go get this for your PC make sure you get the one for your os....make sure you get the zip not the exe.... It will be like a 400 to 500 meg dowload....

http://developer.android.com/sdk/index.html

Current Devices

june726
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Controverly areadvia

[QUOTE=lj50036;49836596]OK well go get this for your PC make sure you get the one for your os....make sure you get the zip not the exe.... It will be like a 400 to 500 meg

I downloaded the sdk and i can now use adb. But, my problem now is that i cannot copy the fbmode to my kindle via adb. When i push it to a location, it says that my kindle is read only. So without the fbmode, i cannot boot into fastboot, cannot install fff and twrp and no os again. what should i do now?

lj50036
Old
(Last edited by lj50036; 29th January 2014 at 11:18 PM.)
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 798

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
I downloaded the sdk and i can now use adb. But, my problem now is that i cannot copy the fbmode to my kindle via adb. When i push it to a location, it says that my kindle is read only. So without the fbmode, i cannot boot into fastboot, cannot install fff and twrp and no os again. what should i do now?
Ok.. Well than lets see here.....When can you use adb??? I need as much info as possible... What file are you moving..... Where are you trying to move it to... Copy and paste your commands and outputs this will make it much easier for me and anyone else that would like to help....Thx lj

Current Devices

jma9454
Old
Thanks Meter 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil700 View Post
I am having a similar issue like yours. Yesterday I tried downloading Jellybean onto my Kindle. I did all of the precautions, TWRP, KFU, etc.
And right as I thought I was done, boom, I get stuck in an infinite re boot. Every time it finally boots up it says android.process.phone for not even a full second and immediately reboots. I am not the smartest, but if someone could walk us through a way to restore our kindles or fix the problem. I would be most gracious! I am not sure what the ADB is as well. Is that what I am missing?
Well your problem is nowhere near the same as June's, but I'll go ahead and try to help your anyway. I've had this happen to me once or twice. My suggestion is to redownload your rom and gapps, and then try flagging them again. Hopefully that should work. There is an option in TWRP to mount your kindle on your computer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
I am just a guy that is trying to learn a little coding and all. Don't go crying to your mommy that something I said was wrong.
Current: Nexus 7 running stock 4.4 (CM11 soon)
Retired: Kindle Fire running Jellybean CM10.1 / Android 4.2.2

Phil700
Old
Thanks Meter 0

DONATE TO ME
Default So far.

Guys, sorry I might not have explained the issue in enough detail. Although the information is full of things that are helpful. It didn't quite help me.

Sorry about having to deal with a compete noob here...

---I'll list my issues to isolate confusion.---

-I cannot boot ADB, I click on it, a cmd window pops up and then immediately closes each time I proceed to open it. for a start, if someone could perhaps tell me what I am doing wrong, because I know I must not be doing what all of you pros are doing.

-Although I had TWRP installed on both my pc and kindle. Whenever I boot up my kindle, I do not get the blue and gray "Kindle Fire" logo before the Orange and White logo. So that for me was very frustrating.

-The Kindle Fire Utility is not detecting my device at all. Which is worrying me to death, the Kindle Fire Unbrick utlity is not working either which is killing me inside.

-For a detailed description of what my kindle fire does when I press the power button goes as so: I press the power button, the orange and white Kindle Fire logo pops up for a few seconds like normal, then it proceeds to boot or "Attenpt" to boot the Jellybean OS, after waiting 5 minutes, the OS lock screen pops up with "android.phone.com" or "phone.android.com" pops up, for a second, then it proceeds to fully rebooting the OS for another 5 minutes. It does it indefinitely.

So does this mean my kindle is officially done for? Bricked? Or is there still hope for me. This is really depressing, I spent most of my money on this, money is tight for me right now ant I use my kindle for school and research. It is a vital tool to me. I need all the help I can get.

Thanks for all of the help so far. You guys really know what you are doing, thanks!