Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,808,827 Members 54,564 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can't Connect to Camera, Help?

Tip us?
 
b1969
Old
#1  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 82
Join Date: Oct 2012
Default Can't Connect to Camera, Help?

Just got my phone fixed cause of the pint tint. However, now if I flash any ROM I cant connect to the camera I would always get "Can't Connect to Camera". CM, PA, AOKP, GPE all does not work. Haven't tried Stock ROM yet.

Is anyone else having this problem?
 
n1234d
Old
#2  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 195
Posts: 682
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1969 View Post
Just got my phone fixed cause of the pint tint. However, now if I flash any ROM I cant connect to the camera I would always get "Can't Connect to Camera". CM, PA, AOKP, GPE all does not work. Haven't tried Stock ROM yet.

Is anyone else having this problem?
Go to /sys/android_camera/ and open the sensor file as text, what do you see there? Sounds like you've got the new Omnivision camera..
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Use this link to get 50GB of cloud storage from ADrive absolutely free!
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant), SlickWraps Carbon Fiber Black
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel


 
b1969
Old
#3  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 82
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d View Post
Go to /sys/android_camera/ and open the sensor file as text, what do you see there? Sounds like you've got the new Omnivision camera..
In the text file I see "ov ov4688 4M". What is omnivision camera?
 
n1234d
Old
#4  
n1234d's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 195
Posts: 682
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Mumbai
Quote:
Originally Posted by b1969 View Post
In the text file I see "ov ov4688 4M". What is omnivision camera?
Till now, HTC used camera modules from ST Microelectronics (ST VD6869), but because of the purple tint problem, they shifted to Sharp modules, and now they're using Omnivision modules. The drivers for the Omnivision modules aren't included in the aosp roms you've been using, that's why the error. They've been included in Sense 4.2.2 onwards

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Always hit the "Thanks" Button
Use this link to get 50GB of cloud storage from ADrive absolutely free!
Samsung SCH-M569 --> Nokia Asha 200 --> iPod Touch 4G --> HTC One (M7) --> HTC One (M8)
Current Device :
HTC One (M8) M8q Gunmetal Grey (Lighter Variant), SlickWraps Carbon Fiber Black
HBOOT 3.18 S-ON
2.10.720.1 Stock rooted
ElementalX Kernel


 
b1969
Old
#5  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 82
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by n1234d View Post
Till now, HTC used camera modules from ST Microelectronics (ST VD6869), but because of the purple tint problem, they shifted to Sharp modules, and now they're using Omnivision modules. The drivers for the Omnivision modules aren't included in the aosp roms you've been using, that's why the error. They've been included in Sense 4.2.2 onwards

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Is there a noticeable between the original and the omnivison modules? Will AOSP ever include drivers for omnivision?

Thank you.
 
cschmitt
Old
(Last edited by cschmitt; 2nd February 2014 at 02:20 AM.)
#6  
cschmitt's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 1,745
Posts: 1,465
Join Date: Feb 2012
Since 1/23 CM11 now includes the libs for ov4688.
 
b1969
Old
(Last edited by b1969; 2nd February 2014 at 03:52 AM.)
#7  
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Posts: 82
Join Date: Oct 2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by cschmitt View Post
Since 1/23 CM11 now includes the libs for ov4688.
Thank you very much, it is sad that CM nightly has stopped uploading for m7 tmo at 1/6

EDIT: Nvm found this on the internet. "Starting tomorrow the m7ul, m7tmo, m7att builds will no longer be updated. They are now (finally) commonized to "m7". Please keep that in mind going forward."

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Jair Player with a Major Update–Here’s What’s New!

Back in May, we talked a bit aboutJair Player, a nice looking music … more

Paid Android App Developers Will Soon Have to Provide Physical Address

Google has now changed its policies regarding paid app developers. … more

Windows Developers Rejoice! Dev Program’s $99 Yearly Fee is No More!

Microsoft rule in the mobile market, much like the giant dinosaurs … more