Android L is for Lockdown

Root is, without a doubt, the (un)holy grail of the Android world. Those wonderful permissions that allow you as … more

XDA Xposed Tuesday: XHangouts Will Improve Your Hangouts

Ever since Google started supporting text messaging in Hangouts many people have … more

Shattered Screen? Turn Your Broken Device into a Complete Media Center!

A cracked screen usually means you’ll have to spend a hefty … more

Gmail 5.0: Material Design and Multiple Account Support

Google started to materialize many of its applications right after announcing the … more

HTC One Has Corrupt EMMC and Locked Out of Recovery

OP jondon156

1st February 2014, 11:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

9 posts
I have a Sprint HTC One running 4.2.2 (3.05.651.6) stock rom and TWRP recovery. It is unlocked and unrooted at the moment. It randomly took a nose dive the other day and has been stuck in either boot loop or bootloader/ fastboot usb. If I try to reboot, reboot-bootloader, factory reset, lock the bootloader, etc it boot loops on the white htc screen.

I have tried to flash the recovery again and erase cache with no luck. I've tried to flash a stock rooted rom using RUU and fastboot with no luck, it just boot loops.

I have had extensive help from @benny3 and we can't figure this out.

I found these links to be insightful and possibly a fix but to repair the EMMC if that is the issue, I first need to get my recovery up and running.

http://android-revolution-hd.blogspo...a-htc-one.html
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=49965919

Any ideas on how to do this since it seems that my recovery is corrupt because I can't get into despite flashing CWR and TWRP (I can't overwrite TWRP).
Any input is helpful as I has exhausted everything I can think of and nothing works.
Last edited by jondon156; 2nd February 2014 at 12:08 AM.
2nd February 2014, 01:44 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 37

153 posts
Does your computer see the One when it's in fastboot mode?

And if I understand properly..

fastboot oem lock

won't 'Relocked' your phone? When it white screen bootloops does it go to bootloader mode, or back into fastboot mode?

Whenever I've mucked something up beyond repair (you'll lose data)

fastboot format userdata
fastboot format cache
fastboot format system
fastboot format sdcard
*fastboot format recovery* never tried this one, but if you have a botched recovery partition this could cause a problem
fastboot reboot-bootloader
fastboot oem lock

have been my failsafes for getting things back to order (ie: reRUUing).

Probably unrelated and unnecessary (but for info completeness sake) what hboot are you on? If you are on Windows 8/8.1, 1.44/1.54 hboots don't work (1.55 does) and you'll need Windows 7 (or linux) to be able to talk in fastboot.

If you happen to be s-off,

fastboot oem rebootRUU

will let you bypass everything and go straight into RUU reflash mode.

Haven't heard of any irrecoverable emmc errors with the One yet, but I may just not have looked hard enough. First time I legit hardbricked my Sprint GS2 I ebay'd a jtag debugger to get things back.
Last edited by pbassjunk; 2nd February 2014 at 01:50 AM.
2nd February 2014, 02:36 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbassjunk

fastboot oem lock

won't 'Relocked' your phone? When it white screen bootloops does it go to bootloader mode, or back into fastboot mode?

fastboot format userdata
fastboot format cache
fastboot format system
fastboot format sdcard
*fastboot format recovery* never tried this one, but if you have a botched recovery partition this could cause a problem
fastboot oem lock

Probably unrelated and unnecessary (but for info completeness sake) what hboot are you on? If you are on Windows 8/8.1, 1.44/1.54 hboots don't work (1.55 does) and you'll need Windows 7 (or linux) to be able to talk in fastboot.

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Haven't heard of any irrecoverable emmc errors with the One yet, but I may just not have looked hard enough. First time I legit hardbricked my Sprint GS2 I ebay'd a jtag debugger to get things back.

fastboot oem lock reboots my phone and goes into a boot loop. I have to manually get it back into bootloader. From there I can go back into fastboot

I'm running hboot 1.55. I have tried the above commands on Windows XP and Vista and MacOSX with the same results. Do you think Windows 7 will help? I can try my brother's computer.

And I'm s-on so i can't fastboot oem rebootRUU

And for the jtag debugger don't you have to tear the phone apart. HTC One can't be taken apart easily, it damages the casing
2nd February 2014, 02:46 AM   |  #4  
Forum Moderator
Flag Xda-Dev,NV
Thanks Meter: 7,905

8,253 posts
Donate to Me
More
If you can get to bootloader you should be able to RUU
2nd February 2014, 02:55 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbassjunk

fastboot oem lock

fastboot format userdata
fastboot format cache
fastboot format system
fastboot format sdcard
fastboot oem lock

fastboot oem rebootRUU

Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

when you say RUU do you mean using fastboot, cuz I actually tried that last night and it failed and went into a boot loop. I also tried using RUU on my computer with my phone initially in fastboot usb. When it rebooted into bootloader it went into a boot loop as well. I had to manually go into bootloader again and then the program failed
2nd February 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

9 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BD619

I tried these commands and also tried to unlock the bootloader but they all failed when running
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread