FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

[Q] Does rum runner factory reset your phone?

25th January 2014, 01:37 AM |#1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 14
 
More
I'm think of s-offing my phone, but would like to to know if rum runner factory resets it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app
 
 
25th January 2014, 03:32 PM |#2  
Jaggar345's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Amston
Thanks Meter: 155
 
More
No but it's best to just factory reset before you do it to avoid any issues that may arise.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to Jaggar345 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
25th January 2014, 05:56 PM |#3  
.torrented's Avatar
Recognized Contributor
Flag Suffolk, VA
Thanks Meter: 1,482
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by frostysnowman3567

I'm think of s-offing my phone, but would like to to know if rum runner factory resets it.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using xda app-developers app

Unlocking the bootloader will fully wipe the device, I don't know how rumrunner works but I do know that if you unlock it will wipe everything

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app
25th January 2014, 08:58 PM |#4  
detonation's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Wisconsin
Thanks Meter: 158
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by .torrented

Unlocking the bootloader will fully wipe the device, I don't know how rumrunner works but I do know that if you unlock it will wipe everything

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using XDA Premium HD app

Rumrunner unlocks the bootloader via an exploit rather than the normal dev unlock (which is unavailable for the DNA), so it doesn't erase the device.
The Following User Says Thank You to detonation For This Useful Post: [ View ]
26th January 2014, 01:44 AM |#5  
theseabass's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 60
 
More
Agree with @detonation. It did not wipe my device when I used it on my warranty replacement.
28th January 2014, 11:50 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Didn't wipe my device either!
2nd February 2014, 03:59 AM |#7  
brisebois.fm's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by detonation

Rumrunner unlocks the bootloader via an exploit rather than the normal dev unlock (which is unavailable for the DNA), so it doesn't erase the device.

Thank you for this! I ran Rumrunner last week and I thought I did something wrong when I booted up and everything was still there. I just ran a reset myself after.

Sent from my HTC Droid DNA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes