Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,730,807 Members 43,629 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Does Sony warranty cover this?

Tip us?

ravi_buz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Default Does Sony warranty cover this?

I fell down recently and got a very small chip on my phone's side panel. Any idea if sony's warranty covers this damage? My phone is 3.5 months old.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Phone Dent.JPG
Views:	486
Size:	62.2 KB
ID:	2538584
Always help, Always thank.

Xperia Z1 (C6902)
LG G Pad (V500)
Gionee Pioneer P2
N7000 (Sold)
Karbon ST8 Tab
E10i.

gallardo5
Old
Thanks Meter 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_buz View Post
I fell down recently and got a very small chip on my phone's side panel. Any idea if sony's warranty covers this damage? My phone is 3.5 months old.

Attachment 2538584
No. No offence, but it was your fault that you fell down, not Sony's, sorry. Did it affect the phone in any other way except the look of it?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
SE T290i>SE K700i>SE K750i>SE W580i>SE P900i>SE C902>Nokia 5230>HTC Wildfire>SE Xperia X10 mini>SE Xperia Arc S>HTC Wildfire>HTC Sensation>Sony Xperia S>HTC One X>LG Nexus 4>Sony Xperia Z1

And birth on 1994

ravi_buz
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallardo5 View Post
No. No offence, but it was your fault that you fell down, not Sony's, sorry. Did it affect the phone in any other way except the look of it?

Sent from my Xperia Z1 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I know its my fault . I am just asking because when they initially marketed this phone with glass back and aluminium sides, they said they will cover all physical warranty for 6 months and other things for 1 years. Wanted to know if its covered or not
Always help, Always thank.

Xperia Z1 (C6902)
LG G Pad (V500)
Gionee Pioneer P2
N7000 (Sold)
Karbon ST8 Tab
E10i.

Jiyeon90
Old
(Last edited by Jiyeon90; 25th January 2014 at 06:59 PM.)
Thanks Meter 137
I'm pretty sure warranty doesn't cover that, however they can fix that if you pay for the reparation

djcoolguyno1
Old
Thanks Meter 4
they will deny under physical warranty saying damage is too small

eclyptos
Old
Thanks Meter 612
No, NO; nO, no warranty for you.
IF I HELPED DO NOT SAY THANKS, CLICK IT.
My Evolution: Sony Xperia Z1 - UB + 4.3 Rooted + Deodexed, HTC HD2, HTC Diamond 2, HTC HD Blackstone, Nokia 7070 Prism, Qtek 9100, Nokia 3100, Motorola T720i, Nokia 3310, Sony Ericson PF 768 (Blue)

How Get Root on Sony Xperia Z1 with Locked Bootloader and the Latest Android 4.4

Hanozy
Old
Thanks Meter 6

DONATE TO ME
When getting a waterdamage, they will say that the flaps weren't closed and you will argue that they were closed, basically they will try to first blame it on your recklessness.
-Hanozy

If I helped you, click thanks

pavithren
Old
Thanks Meter 16

DONATE TO ME
Default Accidental Damage Cover in India

If i'm not wrong there is accidental damage cover for 6 months in India. The T&C can be found here: http://www.sony.co.in/productcontent...gory/mob-phone

pheel
Old
Thanks Meter 93
In Australia, no form of physical damage is covered by warranty.
Warranty only covers things where the manufacturer is at fault, and clearly you are at fault not Sony.
Also, that scratch is ... not really noticeable haha, i had a million of those on my (now dead) Z1.
Sony Xperia Z1
[Partially inactive on xda due to studies]

If you need a dropbox, get 250MB free by using THIS link

Nokia 3110 > Nokia 6100 > Sony Ericsson K750i > Nokia 5310 Xpress Music > Nokia N97 Mini > Sony Ericsson Xperia X10i > iPhone4s > Sony Xperia Z1

dladz
Old
Thanks Meter 731

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravi_buz View Post

Attachment 2538584
No warranty is only for things that go wrong with your phone that were caused by a manufacturing fault. Ie: touchscreen issues. Dropping the phone, sitting on it or feeding it to your dog would be your fault. That being said if your phone does develop a fault they will more than likely fix the phone anyway, software related issues will be fixed and sent back, simple issues with hardware will also be fixed and the same phone sent back. But if its not cost effective then they'll just swap it for another one. Don't do anything silly though as its always down to them at the end of the day.

Sent from my C6903 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phones: Moto 888 - Nokia 6110 - Nokia 3210 - Nokia 3310 - Nokia 8210 - Samsung e250 - Sony F305 - LG Viewty - G1 - HTC Hero - HTC Desire HD - HTC Sensation - Nokia Lumia 800 - HTC EVO 3D - Samsung i9300 - Asus Prime TF201 silver - HTC One - Galaxy Camera - Z1