Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,777 Members 41,187 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

I like Sony ROM better than CM? WTF is wrong with me?

Tip us?

iBuzman
Old
Thanks Meter 500
Agreed. Sony better than cm.. And not only that, timely too (how many other devices are on their third update of 4.3 with 4.4 already in testing? Conceivablely we may be on 4.4 before cm irons out it's 4.4 bugs).

sent from my monx®dified 6802 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to iBuzman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

blueether
Old
Thanks Meter 1,148

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBuzman View Post
Agreed. Sony better than cm.. And not only that, timely too (how many other devices are on their third update of 4.3 with 4.4 already in testing? Conceivablely we may be on 4.4 before cm irons out it's 4.4 bugs).

sent from my monx®dified 6802 using Tapatalk
that would be nice, although slimkat and GPe are pretty good
Charles
Alcatel One Touch "easy" -> Nokia 1110i -> Alcatel ame-408 -> Motorola Razr v3 -> Huawei u8100 -> Sony Xperia Z-Ultra

ROM:- Carbon
Kernel:- Pimped Kernel

Thankyou to all those that have donated to me over 2014.

jutley
Old
(Last edited by jutley; 31st January 2014 at 04:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 305
I have been up and down like a flaming yoyo changing roms climbed the highest mountain in search of the ultimate rom you know the GPE rom but i still came back to official sony rom i quite don't know why but i do know that i feel more comfortable with it.
Device 1 LG G3 D855 16gb Gold stock
Device 2 Google Nexus 2013 32gb rooted Developer L preview 2 rom
Device 3 IPad air 16gb silver (jailbroken pandu)
Device 4 Nvidia shield stock 4.4.2
Device 5 Dell Alienware M17 R5 16gb ram, I7 4700mq R9 M290X 4gb.

Ryland Johnson
Old
Thanks Meter 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by brashmadcap View Post
I never thought there would come a day when I would say this about a manufacturer skin, but I'm actually enjoying the .290 Sony 4.3 firmware better than CM 10.2 (And I've been a militant CM supporter/user since version 6.1 -- 4 years ago in the Froyo days). Is it just me or do the Sony firmware builds feel noticeably faster? Also the battery life seems to be improved vs CM and the keyboard is sized more appropriately, etc. etc. The small apps are a nifty feature.

Now I never had stability problems with CM 10.2 so it's not about that; CM 10.2 is rock solid, maybe even slightly more stable than the Stock sony firmware but the Sony firmware seems so so much faster! What say you XDA friends? Do you agree? Am I insane?
From a medical observation I can but write that you are suffering an acute case of 'good taste syndrome' and there is no cure for this. As to your mental state any of us who purchase a mobile phone this size has to have some sort of issues but then again they are not contagious so we are fine.

Ryland

brashmadcap
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryland Johnson View Post
From a medical observation I can but write that you are suffering an acute case of 'good taste syndrome' and there is no cure for this. As to your mental state any of us who purchase a mobile phone this size has to have some sort of issues but then again they are not contagious so we are fine.

Ryland
haha I'm just really big and tall so it suits me. Not nearly this big, but it should give you an idea of what I'm talking about: http://www.reddit.com/r/shaqholdingthings

Nook Simple Touch
Root

AT&T iPhone 5 32GB

Retired:
HTC: Sensation, N1, Desire Z, HD2, Evo View, G2
Moto: Q, Atrix, Xoom
Apple: iPhone 3G-4S, iPad 2 3G 32GB
Samsung: Note II, Galaxy Tab, Galaxy Nexus
Other: Nexus 7, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 4, more