How to Disable Data Encryption on Nexus 6

In late September, Google decided to step on NSA’s toes and turn on encryption by default in … more

DJI Phantom 2 Vision+ Review – XDA TV

The holidays will be here in no time, so why not start thinking about gifts now? Youll be ahead … more

Mozilla Ditches Google, Makes Yahoo Default Search Engine

Mozilla and Google have had a long-standing relationship of about 10 years. Google … more

Learn More About Linux with Linux Man Pages

Linux is quite a powerful and very configurable operating system. Thanks to some user-friendly … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Zagg HD InvisibleShield FAIL

OP Fastbird

30th January 2014, 04:08 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Flag Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks Meter: 18

90 posts
More
I've run Zagg invisible shields on my wife's and my own phone for the past two years almost. So I went with what I knew. Got it in today, and installed it. Lined up perfectly, was smoothing, hit a bump. No biggie, lift, remove debris. Except........

The debris was embedded IN the blasted shield itself. How freaking nice is that? Now I'm out $20, no screen protector, and am not wanting to have to pay Zagg shipping and let them tie up my account with an authorization for full retail until they get my old one back. Now I'm STILL stuck without a screen protector.

Not happy about this at all. Maybe going to try that iloome flex or whatever it is.
30th January 2014, 10:18 AM   |  #2  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 39

434 posts
More
ive never had any problems with best skins ever. i have a full matte skin on my phone right now and all the cases i have fit fine with it on. its just a little difficult to install since they dont provide you with anything that you need to install it. their customer service is great too. over the years, theyve sent me replacements for free without having to send them anything.

http://www.bestskinsever.com
30th January 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 145

1,176 posts
Bestskinsever for sure.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app
31st January 2014, 06:26 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 0

15 posts
highly recommend the iLoome 8H Flex glass shield! I've seen videos where they drop glass protectors face down crack them pull them off and the screen has no damage! Show me a plastic screen protector do that
31st January 2014, 10:40 PM   |  #5  
Phoenix
Thanks Meter: 361

1,295 posts
More
Did you register your screen protector? Zagg warranties it FOR LIFE.
1st February 2014, 12:17 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Flag Fort Wayne, IN
Thanks Meter: 18

90 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackangst

Did you register your screen protector? Zagg warranties it FOR LIFE.

I did. I'm just not fanatic about them having a full price hold until I send them the old one back. They are shipping a new one to me for free, I just have to pony up the hold on funds still. Even if I get the new one, I'm not sure I"ll put it on. As I was applying this one I noticed the surface collecting VERY fine microscratches from the rubber squeegee and the microfiber cloth I was using.
2nd February 2014, 07:19 AM   |  #7  
Flag Portland Oregon
Thanks Meter: 371

762 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sp33dsk8

highly recommend the iLoome 8H Flex glass shield! I've seen videos where they drop glass protectors face down crack them pull them off and the screen has no damage! Show me a plastic screen protector do that

Let's see a video with yours doing that

I have dropped a phone and screen never cracked (luck). Maybe the same situation in video and sp only cracked lol. I buy cases for drops and sp for scratches. My G2 is sporting mime ghost glass and ballistic Case, happy with the combo.

Zagg is too sticky for me, I like the original glass feel when I run my fingers across screen.

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread