Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,489 Members 45,727 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Authorizing a device while stuck in boot loop

Tip us?

mljh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Authorizing a device while stuck in boot loop

Hi,

I have a Galaxy Nexus with the volume buttons spoilt (not functioning). It is rooted and running on AOKP's 4.4 rom. I accidentally installed the wrong kernel and while panicking, I wiped the data and davlik cache. Now, I am stuck in boot loop. Also, when I plug it into the computer, the phone is UNAUTHORIZED according to adb server.

Is there any way to authorize my phone without booting into the OS itself?
or
Is there a way to boot into bootloader/recovery without authorizing the phone and without using the physical buttons of the phone?

Critical Detox
Old
Thanks Meter 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by mljh View Post
Hi,

I have a Galaxy Nexus with the volume buttons spoilt (not functioning). It is rooted and running on AOKP's 4.4 rom. I accidentally installed the wrong kernel and while panicking, I wiped the data and davlik cache. Now, I am stuck in boot loop. Also, when I plug it into the computer, the phone is UNAUTHORIZED according to adb server.

Is there any way to authorize my phone without booting into the OS itself?
or
Is there a way to boot into bootloader/recovery without authorizing the phone and without using the physical buttons of the phone?
Unfortunately given the circumstances you've presented, you'd appear to be stuck like that unless you can get those volume buttons working. Because you can't get to the boot loader and recovery or get the phone to boot and even worse, adb not functioning, you're stuck that way. Unless someone knows something i don't, it's just the way it is.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app

mljh
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Critical Detox View Post
Unfortunately given the circumstances you've presented, you'd appear to be stuck like that unless you can get those volume buttons working. Because you can't get to the boot loader and recovery or get the phone to boot and even worse, adb not functioning, you're stuck that way. Unless someone knows something i don't, it's just the way it is.

Sent from my LG-LS980 using xda app-developers app
oh.. sigh.. thanks alot! =)