S6 Pre-orders on T-Mobile are Arriving

T-Mobile appears to be first off the mark with delivering the S6, as some customers are already … more

Best Alarm App for Android?

There are tons of choices to choose from when looking for a great alarm app for Android. While the stock … more

Unofficial CM12.1 Available for Moto E 2014

While Motorola is yet to release a final 5.0.2 build for the Moto E 2014, XDA Senior … more

Pinsy Brings Social Sketching To Your Watch & Phone

Did you watch Apple’s VP draw on his wrist during the Apple Watch announcement … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Can I get help please. :(

2nd February 2014, 07:03 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Hey ummm im new here and I was reading on rooting so I did the steps and such and wipe my galaxy tab 2 10.1 but now I have no OS How do I get one back on it? ive put in a zip file of Cyanmod or however you say it into my sd card but still cant get a os installed im now with a paperweight xD lol but ya
2nd February 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #2  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eKoKnight

Hey ummm im new here and I was reading on rooting so I did the steps and such and wipe my galaxy tab 2 10.1 but now I have no OS How do I get one back on it? ive put in a zip file of Cyanmod or however you say it into my sd card but still cant get a os installed im now with a paperweight xD lol but ya

Just curious, and not trying to offend or anything, but did you flash the zip in the custom recovery?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd February 2014, 07:08 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Just curious, and not trying to offend or anything, but did you flash the zip in the custom recovery?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

I don't know how to get to it all I see is just well.. restore this and that im not seeing anything that say flash new rom

I went to this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1657056

follow the instructions for rooting im in recovery but nothing I do does anything to the zip file that on my sd card of the OS
2nd February 2014, 07:12 AM   |  #4  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eKoKnight

I don't know how to get to it all I see is just well.. restore this and that im not seeing anything that say flash new rom

I went to this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1657056

follow the instructions for rooting im in recovery but nothing I do does anything to the zip file that on my sd card of the OS

Are you in the stock recovery or a custom recovery like TWRP, ClockWorkMod, or Philz? Do you see an option that says "Install Zip" or something similar?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd February 2014, 07:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Are you in the stock recovery or a custom recovery like TWRP, ClockWorkMod, or Philz? Do you see an option that says "Install Zip" or something similar?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yes I see the install zip but its always a fail and im using Philz
2nd February 2014, 07:14 AM   |  #6  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Hmm... Do you have the correct ROM, one specifically for our device? What's the fail error? Oh and bro, my battery is close to dying, just so you know.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd February 2014, 07:21 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein

Hmm... Do you have the correct ROM, one specifically for our device? What's the fail error? Oh and bro, my battery is close to dying, just so you know.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

silly me I just notice the one I put on my sd card is for the 7 inch not the 10 inch lol maybe that's why?
2nd February 2014, 07:32 AM   |  #8  
njstein's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Boise
Thanks Meter: 514
 
1,548 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2013
More
Let me guess at the error, is it Status 7? After reading the link you provided you installed an old version of Philz that won't allow you to flash cm11 (which I'm assuming us what you're trying to flash). If this is the case you need to update that bad boy. Look for Android-Andi and in his signature are up to date recoveries. Philz is great but I recommend the cwm swipe, it's a beast and has all the options we need for a tablet.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by eKoKnight

silly me I just notice the one I put on my sd card is for the 7 inch not the 10 inch lol maybe that's why?

That's totally why. You're lucky you didn't brick it trying to flash that. DL a ROM for the 10 inch and I would look into upgrading the recovery of you're going to KitKat.

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
2nd February 2014, 07:48 AM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
5 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2014
ok well i cant get no OS installed even with Philz updated with philz touch 6 im still stuck with no OS I cant install cm9 or 10 or is it 11?

well I had better luck with TWRP it work great i now i have a custom rom thanks guys
Last edited by eKoKnight; 2nd February 2014 at 08:52 AM.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes