Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,806,279 Members 52,884 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Can I get help please. :(

Tip us?

eKoKnight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Can I get help please. :(

Hey ummm im new here and I was reading on rooting so I did the steps and such and wipe my galaxy tab 2 10.1 but now I have no OS How do I get one back on it? ive put in a zip file of Cyanmod or however you say it into my sd card but still cant get a os installed im now with a paperweight xD lol but ya

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by eKoKnight View Post
Hey ummm im new here and I was reading on rooting so I did the steps and such and wipe my galaxy tab 2 10.1 but now I have no OS How do I get one back on it? ive put in a zip file of Cyanmod or however you say it into my sd card but still cant get a os installed im now with a paperweight xD lol but ya
Just curious, and not trying to offend or anything, but did you flash the zip in the custom recovery?

Sent from my GT-P5110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

eKoKnight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by njstein View Post
Just curious, and not trying to offend or anything, but did you flash the zip in the custom recovery?

I don't know how to get to it all I see is just well.. restore this and that im not seeing anything that say flash new rom

I went to this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1657056

follow the instructions for rooting im in recovery but nothing I do does anything to the zip file that on my sd card of the OS

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 478
Quote:
I don't know how to get to it all I see is just well.. restore this and that im not seeing anything that say flash new rom

I went to this link
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1657056

follow the instructions for rooting im in recovery but nothing I do does anything to the zip file that on my sd card of the OS
Are you in the stock recovery or a custom recovery like TWRP, ClockWorkMod, or Philz? Do you see an option that says "Install Zip" or something similar?

eKoKnight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Are you in the stock recovery or a custom recovery like TWRP, ClockWorkMod, or Philz? Do you see an option that says "Install Zip" or something similar?

yes I see the install zip but its always a fail and im using Philz

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 478
Hmm... Do you have the correct ROM, one specifically for our device? What's the fail error? Oh and bro, my battery is close to dying, just so you know.

eKoKnight
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Hmm... Do you have the correct ROM, one specifically for our device? What's the fail error? Oh and bro, my battery is close to dying, just so you know.

silly me I just notice the one I put on my sd card is for the 7 inch not the 10 inch lol maybe that's why?

njstein
Old
Thanks Meter 478
Let me guess at the error, is it Status 7? After reading the link you provided you installed an old version of Philz that won't allow you to flash cm11 (which I'm assuming us what you're trying to flash). If this is the case you need to update that bad boy. Look for Android-Andi and in his signature are up to date recoveries. Philz is great but I recommend the cwm swipe, it's a beast and has all the options we need for a tablet.

---------- Post added at 12:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:23 AM ----------

Quote:
silly me I just notice the one I put on my sd card is for the 7 inch not the 10 inch lol maybe that's why?
That's totally why. You're lucky you didn't brick it trying to flash that. DL a ROM for the 10 inch and I would look into upgrading the recovery of you're going to KitKat.

eKoKnight
Old
(Last edited by eKoKnight; 2nd February 2014 at 08:52 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
ok well i cant get no OS installed even with Philz updated with philz touch 6 im still stuck with no OS I cant install cm9 or 10 or is it 11?

well I had better luck with TWRP it work great i now i have a custom rom thanks guys