Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,106 Members 40,474 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Upstream Changes?

Tip us?

mactolorix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Question Upstream Changes?

In CyanogenMod 11, what do you mean by "Upstream Changes"? I'm confused and sorry cause I'm a noob.

fllaim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
It means recent development in official CM 11 branch has landed to our device.

mactolorix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllaim View Post
It means recent development in official CM 11 branch has landed to our device.
Thank you for your answer, ahmm may you explain it further?

fllaim
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactolorix View Post
Thank you for your answer, ahmm may you explain it further?
I don't know what exactly those changes involve but it usually fixes bugs and adds new features. Since our device does not have an official cm build, when those guys at Cyanogenmod changes something it does not immediately come to dhiru's repository. Those changes are manually 'merged' by dhiru or someone else maintaining the galaxy sl repo. For example a there was not an option to change default home screen of launcher3 a few months ago. Codes for this option are first committed to some official repository at cyanogenmod.com and then dhiru brought it us by one of those upstream changes.

I hope this help to clarify
The Following User Says Thank You to fllaim For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mactolorix
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by fllaim View Post
I don't know what exactly those changes involve but it usually fixes bugs and adds new features. Since our device does not have an official cm build, when those guys at Cyanogenmod changes something it does not immediately come to dhiru's repository. Those changes are manually 'merged' by dhiru or someone else maintaining the galaxy sl repo. For example a there was not an option to change default home screen of launcher3 a few months ago. Codes for this option are first committed to some official repository at cyanogenmod.com and then dhiru brought it us by one of those upstream changes.

I hope this help to clarify
Thank you so much for your time answering my question, now I know. By the way, I'm currently using Cyanogenmod10.2 and I found it smooth. Gotta wait for more updates to to our device. Thanks a lot bro.

bebhav
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by mactolorix View Post
In CyanogenMod 11, what do you mean by "Upstream Changes"? I'm confused and sorry cause I'm a noob.

our phone need to send some data to network in certain intervals for making us online .... this is known as upstream (i.e. uploading of data )
but this task is all ways need large battery usage that's why developer want to make it optimum i.e. largest interval that can achieved ...
but some time this experiment disconnect our data connection (I mean some time our phone shows that it is connected but we observed no data is going up and down on signal bar) i.e. in rom UPSTREAM is not configured properly .. so this result upstream change

click on thanks if this helps you
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bebhav For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]